BMW E36 rear toe to 0?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMW E36 rear toe to 0?

I have a question I have my rear toe set to 0.10, but 0 would be better for my wheels to get lower in the chassis.
    Does any E36 rides with 0 toe in the rear? Does it still handles good?

Thanks
    Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication

pretty sure youwant to be toeing out(wrong) TOE IN slightly, due to the back end squating under accelration etc, also iv heard somewhere about tyres never warming up properly with 0*

edited for the sake of people who actually use search to find stuff
    Last edited by Buck6687; 07-12-2012, 08:38 PM.
    Float like a Cadillac, Sting like a Beemer!
    http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24326

Comment

You actually need a bit of toe in so upon acceleration and squat it gets to 0. Depending on the condition of the bushings it can be more or less.

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

hmm hmm Jesus knows best
        -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
        -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
        MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
        Got Drop??

Comment

Okay guys thanks! I'll keep it like it is now, with 0.10 toe in

Comment

There is a suspension thread over at Bfc. Ill look it up later.
            -Instagram@jdjurhuus
            Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

Okay thanx Jon!

Comment

Is it me or if you want more than 4 degrees negative camber, there just simply isnt enough toe adjustment? Am I missing something? Has anyone elongated the slots on the plate that mounts to the chassis?
                IG @thatrobalife

Comment

I have this same issue. I have H&R adjustable suspension and AA rear camber arms. When I go negative camber the toe is way in. I have pulled them all the way out and still have toe in issues. The rear of my M3 feels like it is fighting itself to go straight. Does anyone make plates to replace the stock ones to get more toe adjustment, or do I need to elong the holes to get more adjustment. I have seen E36's with lots of negative camber and over the wheels so there has to be something I can do.

Comment

Originally posted by AKDropem View Post
                    I have this same issue. I have H&R adjustable suspension and AA rear camber arms. When I go negative camber the toe is way in. I have pulled them all the way out and still have toe in issues. The rear of my M3 feels like it is fighting itself to go straight. Does anyone make plates to replace the stock ones to get more toe adjustment, or do I need to elong the holes to get more adjustment. I have seen E36's with lots of negative camber and over the wheels so there has to be something I can do.
                    Ya im maxed out at like 4.5 degrees negative camber to maintain factory toe, wish i could go 6 or 7 ishh
                    IG @thatrobalife

Comment

i have the same problem as well. maxed out at -4 in the rear at my current height
                      CUSCO USA // BRIDE JAPAN

Comment

to adjust toe on a e36, loosen the three 18mm bolts at the RTAB and tap the tire to whichever direction you want it to go in. Just remember you need toe in in the rear.

You guys don't get this done when you get an alignment?

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Originally posted by Jesus Christ View Post
                          to adjust toe on a e36, loosen the three 18mm bolts at the RTAB and tap the tire to whichever direction you want it to go in. Just remember you need toe in in the rear.

You guys don't get this done when you get an alignment?
                          i do. roughly how much total rear toe is recommend? ive been running -4 camber with 0 toe for about 2 years and my tires have been lasting for a super long time now. almost for about a year and half coming up. id be nice for me to run -6 camber on all 4 corners but i cant get the toe to be within correct specs because it just maxes out.
                          CUSCO USA // BRIDE JAPAN

Comment

Working...
                          X