Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front page blog suggestion

Hello,

I noticed that when a new article is released on the front page it may include all or many pictures associated with the article. As with many other blogs I suggest each article includes only one eye catching picture. This accomplishes a number of things:
    • Extra space on the front page for other articles
    • More commenting due to users clicking on the links to view the remaining article (no need to click on the link if all the pictures are on the home page)
    • Less scrolling
    • Link in the forum to link back to front page

IMO the front page is a little overwhelming with pictures. Just a suggestion.
    Houston videos, business and social networking

Suggestion well received and we are working on it... this issue is PHP coding between the pages... the ability to short the posts so that a hyperlink can lead to the remainder of the post is not recognized between the pages, only on each page themselves... we are trying to formulate a resolve and have been for a lil while now.. hopefully we will have a solution very soon, but appreciate the feedback for sure.

Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
      Suggestion well received and we are working on it... this issue is PHP coding between the pages... the ability to short the posts so that a hyperlink can lead to the remainder of the post is not recognized between the pages, only on each page themselves... we are trying to formulate a resolve and have been for a lil while now.. hopefully we will have a solution very soon, but appreciate the feedback for sure.

Ben
      Nice to hear.. i almost started complaining about that front page.. even with 2mb dsl connection takes for ever to load frontpage...

Hope you get solution fast to lighten up frontpage..
      Project car: MB 190E M50 Turbo build
      Now: MB W211 320cdi
      Ex:MB 190E M50, BMW E39 530d

Comment

Originally posted by Exami View Post
        Nice to hear.. i almost started complaining about that front page.. even with 2mb dsl connection takes for ever to load frontpage...

Hope you get solution fast to lighten up frontpage..
        Optimizing the images to a smaller file size will also help the page load faster. Alot of the images are over 50,000 kb. If you guys need help with the website functionality let me know.
        Houston videos, business and social networking

Comment

Working...
        X