My doo doo jetta air ride build!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My doo doo jetta air ride build!

I figured since there isnt much going on in the section of the forums I would add my build on to it. I have Universal Air over coils in the front, RE-5's in the rear, 4 gallon tank, dual 380's, 4 way manifold, and a 5 switch box and two analog guages, one for the front and one for the rear
    Ass shot

The trunk without the false floor

The tank and the manifold, its a airbagit.com manifold, anybody have experience with these? I traded the whole setup from a guy that was parting his car out so I didnt really get to choose anything on the setup

Dual 380's

With the floor all together, the back wall piece is the one that I used to have laying flat on the floor before i still need to make a new one. I still dont know if I should do it in the same fabric as the floor or try and find a carpet to match the trunk lining

Some stuff Ive been working on in the engine bay, polished alternator, intake manifold, and throttle body. Also painted the engine cover, and prepped the battery cover, top half of the airbox, the oil and coolant caps, and also picked up a S3 cover. I still need to cover the windshield wiper fluid cutout and smooth the whole thing to get the texture off of it. I still am not sure on the scheme that Im going to go with, i might throw some gold in there, but Im not too sure yet
    Flickr WaterCooled Militia EuroPlush

iggy@canibeat.com

Here are some more pics:

iggy@canibeat.com

Comment

I need to get the Mason Tech great plates to move the rear beam back a bit so it is centered in the wheel well. Also need to notch the frame in the front for the axles, tie rods, and trim the subframe a bit so it wont hold up the control arms. Lots to do! Here is a pic of the rear, same as my sig but bigger so you can see the little amount of drop that i need for the fender to rest in between the tire and lip, what is that called again? isnt there a specific term for that?

iggy@canibeat.com

Comment

I love the stance Iggy! It's nice to see some rear camber on a MkIV VW!

Can't wait to see what it looks like with a notched front
        sigpic
        davidtormey.com

Comment

looks nice! idk anything about air suspension so i cant help, but it looks really cool!
          2001 Honda S2000

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.

Comment

nICE!

Comment

so dope.
              -Jay

Comment

whoa. stance is nice!
                '95 Black 5spd SC300 // 19" Work Eurolines // Coils // JDM Window Visors // JDM Front Lip // and a few fender dents

Comment

love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave@canibeat.com View Post
                    I love the stance Iggy! It's nice to see some rear camber on a MkIV VW!

Can't wait to see what it looks like with a notched front
                    thanks Dave I love the camber as well! I have ground control camber plates in the front as well but I have them set at stock right now, I need to get some bigger adpaters to get more poke in the front and then set the camber on the front. I tried it with the adapters and it looks goofy all the poke in the rear and then the front cambered in and tucking hella bad haha

iggy@canibeat.com

Comment

awesome

Comment

Originally posted by Ignapu View Post
                        I need to get the Mason Tech great plates to move the rear beam back a bit so it is centered in the wheel well. Also need to notch the frame in the front for the axles, tie rods, and trim the subframe a bit so it wont hold up the control arms. Lots to do! Here is a pic of the rear, same as my sig but bigger so you can see the little amount of drop that i need for the fender to rest in between the tire and lip, what is that called again? isnt there a specific term for that?
                        the japanese call it tsuraichi

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

I <3 doo doo brown jettas

Comment

DIAMONDBACKS!!! I'm on the same tires soo cheap... Sweet whip!

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck&Poke View Post
                              the japanese call it tsuraichi
                              no they dont
                              they call this tsuraichi

Tsuraichi is a loose translation of fender and wheel as one.
                              it means the body line flows into the lip of the wheel to look perfectly smoothe.
                              IE not poked

BUT, i like the jetta. alot.just enough poke to look interesting and not stupid
                              Disclaimer:
                              I am rude, opinionated, and sometimes come off as a dick. I am just speaking my mind. If it offends you, PM me. Don't go whine to someone else. I am civil, talk to me, just dont be stupid.

and USE THE SEARCH BUTTON

Comment

Working...
                              X