Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap Airride?

Hey guys,

I'm sure most of you will think I'm some idiot, but I'm just trying to save some money here. There's a guy in my local area that builds airride for cars with his son, who works at the AF base with me. His son quoted me $300 for parts, and labor will be added onto that. I own a 2002 Saturn SC2. The only thing it does is take me from work to home, and from college to home. It doesn't get tracked (why would you track a saturn?) and it doesn't see any form of abuse. It will see snow however, I live in the Pittsburgh area. As long as it works, I'm fine with it. I'm a college student paying $30,000 a year for school, and I only make $24,000 at work . I heard I might have to take some provisions for the winter with this setup, thats why I mentioned the snow. I really don't feel like waiting to get more money, I've had this car for 2 years and I want it dumped. I'm either doing this, or coilovers. I'd prefer the flexibility of bags though. I don't want to waste my money though, any advice?
    IG: @kyle_eagleton

300 for airride parts? No way.
    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Just a bare bones manual management system will run you about $600 (new), and that doesn't even include the bags.
      Jason
      flickr
      build thread

Comment

I got an answer from the actual guy, not his son. He claims parts and labor= around $1,000. I guess he's built some show cars for people before that have old school builds like old mercurys and what not. Idk, I guess ill check out his shop.

Comment

There is no way.
          - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

yea dude. none of this sounds realistic to me at all
            Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

I'm working on an air ride setup for my RC cars and I'm over $300 in parts.
              DEL SOL BUILD THREAD
              E28 BUILD THREAD

I am.... SICKWITHTHEPEN

Comment

have you seen any of his work? I'd be skeptical

I wanna bag my truck and I was going over in my head about parts and estimated about $2,500 for parts, but shit is awesome

Comment

I could maybe see just a set of 4 plain bags (not bag over strut on any thing... drivable) for 300$.
                  Not anything else like hoses or tanks or anything...

hecka skeptical, do they have a site?

Comment

Originally posted by 07NJx355 View Post
                    have you seen any of his work? I'd be skeptical

I wanna bag my truck and I was going over in my head about parts and estimated about $2,500 for parts, but shit is awesome
                    I mean, I don't want to walk away from this if he actually uses good stuff and does good work and actually is legit. But I'm going tomorrow to check things out and scope out his shop. I haven't talked to him personally yet, only through his son at work. and his son doesnt seem very smart . His son also mentioned that some vehicles at his house (mostly old trucks) are past projects of his fathers.

Comment

Update: parts will be $2200 :|

Comment

Originally posted by AmnKyle@911th View Post
                        Update: parts will be $2200 :|
                        So much for 300, lol.
                        Montego Blue 2007 E92 335i - ZSP / ZPP / Steptronic / Logic7
                        Instagram: bmwforlife

Originally posted by SD202
                        70,000 miles and counting. static slammed. From here to vegas to LA and everywhere in between. Shes my daily driver. Because shes my only car. everything that has ever broke has been a result of being slammed.

Comment

Originally posted by EDM92 View Post
                          So much for 300, lol.
                          Forreal. I guess I knew it was impossible for it to be so cheap, just didnt want to be right lol. oh well, i think im going to go with it anyway. ill just buy the parts and install it with my dad, make a nice little project out of it.

Comment

Hm, do you know what struts/bags he is planning on using for your car?

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

Originally posted by Rali@BagRiders View Post
                              Hm, do you know what struts/bags he is planning on using for your car?
                              I have a new idea. I was reffered to streetbeatcustoms.com by a guy at AccuAir, they make a kit for $2,000 for my car (strut bags). its not auto leveling. but it is bolt on, they get my specs, make it, and then ship it to me. ill install it with my dad or something. i dont need to spend anymore on a 2002 saturn.

Comment

Working...
                              X