Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rubbing

Recently I got some wheels for my car, looks like this:

As you can see, its flush in the back, tucked in the front.

I rolled and pulled the rear fenders, and the fronts were already cut under the plastic flares (flares are trimmmed too). However, I still rub whenever I turn the wheel more than half a turn on each side. Since I got those wheels I started looking more and more at people's setups, see how they make them work and such. I noticed that a lot of you manage to run your wheels very close to the fenders. Like this:

Do you all rub like mofos or you have some kind of trick? I need to leave about 1 finger between my rear tires and my fenders, and I run final offsets of 25 in the front (7" wheels) to be able to turn somehow. I was at Eurokracy this weekend, and I realized my setup sucked compared to what some of the guys were running! Basically, do you permanently rub, run ultra-hard springs or what?!
    Mint green Mk2 build
    Daily 190E build

I can turn just under a 1/2 turn before I start rubbing and my fitment looks like this:

I'm running Falken 912 205/40's on an 8" wheel on the front.

I pretty much just live with it since I don't really see a way to fix it. Its going to be interesting when I go lower in the spring. Camber up front is -1 (it looks positive in the pic) and I don't know if adding more will help with rubbing or what. I'm still learning but I can deal with rubbing. And yes I have rolled and pulled the fenders.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

Then I guess I'm normal. Time to go lower!
      Mint green Mk2 build
      Daily 190E build

Comment

oh you spaced your wheels and now they rub? haha yeah that's normal

almost like saying, i lowered my car and now i scrape. its a given.

i really like those wheels man
        -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
        -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
        MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
        Got Drop??

Comment

Originally posted by CHIF8008 View Post
          oh you spaced your wheels and now they rub? haha yeah that's normal
          Yea I know that! But I'm asking because I hear a lot of people with tires within millimeters off their fenders saying "only rubs on big bumps". I was wondering how that was possible or if they were all talking shit.
          Mint green Mk2 build
          Daily 190E build

Comment

no worries man. i see where you are confused about that.

i believe that they mean"i rub vertically in the fender wells" not when they are turning. This makes more sense to me because if you are lower your wheels are physically closer to the top of the fender well( or the lip to the fender) and thus would rub when you hit a bump.

i also have wondered how the heck some of you turn with the fenders in the wheel lips. but i guess that more people that do that are on air or just have a realllly bad turning radius. i know that older VW's shorten the front beam so they can retain there turning radius( and thus don't have a "turning rubbing" problem)
            -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
            -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
            MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
            Got Drop??

Comment

Harder springs.
              Float like a Cadillac, Sting like a Beemer!
              http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24326

Comment

rub..what? deal with it

Comment

Newer cars have better caster curves that actually raise the side of the vehicle you're turning towards. My e39 lifts over an inch. My e30 however only lifts about a half inch, and that's why my fenders are all sorts of fucked up. I've been trying to figure out a solution, but for now at least be happy that your fenders are only plastic.

Comment

Add more caster, it will raise the front when turning. Don't know if you can do that on your car.
                    -Instagram@jdjurhuus
                    Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

Rubbing is not a given, if it does you're just doing it wrong

Comment

uh, rubbing is normal.
                        025garage

Comment

RUB>DUB
                          IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

Working...
                          X