Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to the air community and needing assistance asap please!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the air community and needing assistance asap please!!

Hello everyone, my name is James and I am brand new to the air society. I have never owned or ridden in a car/truck equipt with air before but it looked fun and interesting so I ditched my Megan coils and went with air ride.

My first post I am seeking a helping hand for thoes who know all about air. I am running k-sport air coils with 3/8 OD line to the Accuair's e-level management system with one 150 psi Viair compressor pumping into a 4gal pancake tank. My problem is the front barley wants to lift up, the rear will raise and slam supper fast about 4 times before the compressor kicks on. However the front raises only an inch or two on full tank pressure.

I'm thinking it is the weight of the car not allowing it to come up? The only way to gette front all the way up is too turn on the compressor and press the button to raise the front every 15 seconds until it's at it's peak. Mind you when it cones time to dumping the car it practically goes down in less then 2.5 seconds.

Also I have a problem with the vu4 manifold leaking. It seems whenever the pressure in te bags are greater then the tank it will back flow into the tank to equalize therefore lowering the car an inch or two. This I confirmed by raising the can to peak and dumping the resivor tank using the drain plug and the can lowered to fully dumped all though I did not activate the manifold to dump the bags. By the way the car is a 2005 Acura TL.

Please help. This is my daily driver and I can hardly get to work without pulling over and putting air in the bags every 15 miles.

-thank you -James

Originally posted by WDPTL View Post
    Hello everyone, my name is James and I am brand new to the air society. I have never owned or ridden in a car/truck equipt with air before but it looked fun and interesting so I ditched my Megan coils and went with air ride.

My first post I am seeking a helping hand for thoes who know all about air. I am running k-sport air coils with 3/8 OD line to the Accuair's e-level management system with one 150 psi Viair compressor pumping into a 4gal pancake tank. My problem is the front barley wants to lift up, the rear will raise and slam supper fast about 4 times before the compressor kicks on. However the front raises only an inch or two on full tank pressure.

I'm thinking it is the weight of the car not allowing it to come up? The only way to gette front all the way up is too turn on the compressor and press the button to raise the front every 15 seconds until it's at it's peak. Mind you when it cones time to dumping the car it practically goes down in less then 2.5 seconds.

Also I have a problem with the vu4 manifold leaking. It seems whenever the pressure in te bags are greater then the tank it will back flow into the tank to equalize therefore lowering the car an inch or two. This I confirmed by raising the can to peak and dumping the resivor tank using the drain plug and the can lowered to fully dumped all though I did not activate the manifold to dump the bags. By the way the car is a 2005 Acura TL.

Please help. This is my daily driver and I can hardly get to work without pulling over and putting air in the bags every 15 miles.

-thank you -James
    So from what I understand, to reach full lift up front, you're running your compressor while filling your bags correct? Basically you're putting around 150psi in the front bags to lift the car to it's maximum height (pretty much equalling your tank pressure).

Have you tried threading the coils on your struts so the actual strut body is longer? It's possible that when you air out, you still have a lot of pressure in your bags hence why you're not achieving much lift after being aired out. Try giving that a shot if you haven't already.

As for the manifold, that is normal. My VU4 does the same thing. To prevent it from back flowing, you should put a check valve in between your tank and your manifold. If you have to pull over often because of the back flow, it means you have a pretty bad tank leak, or the manifold itself is leaking from one of the ports. Take some soapy water, spray everything down and if you see bubbles, take that fitting out and re-seal it!

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

Yeah it does sound like you have a leak somewhere, the tank pressure should always be higher than what u have on the bags. Running more pressure also helps lift the car easier. If you're compressor can handle 175PSI, change the settings on the e-level to it.
      Last edited by rgarjr; 06-26-2012, 11:59 PM.

Comment

It seems that I need almost exactly 150psi to hold the front up. I tested this by filling the front bags and tank to full pressure (till pump turned off) I dumped the rear and re-filled (pump does not kick on t this point) however the pressure in the tank is about 130 just above what it takes to trigger the pumps I then press the button to raise both fronts however the front drops because it equalizes the pressure. As for lifting the front, it doesn't want to come up unless I hold the valves open and let the compressor slowly lift the front to full extension. I have about 6 inches of play from dumped to fully raised once I get the front up.

I just installed a checkvalve so tomorrow I will see If I can ride without losing air from the backflow (good idea on that thanks!!!!)

As for leaks, tested every connection with soapy water and i got a small leak from the PTC fitting
        On the vu4 manifold for bag #4. I recut the hose in hopes it was a sloppy cut but
        I still have a few bubbles coming from there.

As for now im going to see if this check valve does the trick and I ordered dual Viair 480c's so I can go from my 150psi now to 200psi to see if that lifts the front.

Any other imput is greatly welcome and I really appreacheate the help so far thanks guys!!!

Comment

Do you have sleeve style struts up front or are they double bellows? When your car is fully dumped, is there still air in you front bags or are they at 0psi? If the leak is coming from around the brass outer portion of the ptc fitting (where it meets the actual manifold block), you'll need to contact AccuAir.

Comment

I have sleeves up front (same as rear) but I just installed the dual Viair 480c's and went to 200 psi and the front lifts without a problem. I guess 150psi was not enough. As for the leak it's coming from between the brass and the grey plastic that holds the hose NOT from the brass and manifold. So I will recut hose and clean inside of connector on the manifold and see if that helps.

Thanks for the help guys, Once finished I will post in build thread

Comment

Oh okay, running higher pressures are more common with sleeve style struts than double bellows. As for the manifold, it seems like it is indeed an issue with the air line itself.

Comment

Working...
              X