Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1994 325i bmw NO SPARK! helllpp

Hi everyone,
    i just bought a 1994 325i as a non runner. It was said that the head had been replaced due to it being cracked. He said the timing was off. So i bought it dirt cheap, the problem is i pulled it apart to time it and it would crank but no start. It started prior to this job but wouldnt idle properly. I have checked for spark and fuel but no spark, there is power going to the coils. I checked fuses and relays and all seemed to be ok, now note i am not a professional i do have backround in mechanics so i know timing was done correctly. The battery has gone flat and it sat a year or so prior to buying it. I have yet to check thr crank sensor and or ecu and can get them if needed but would love advice as to small things that may be an issue. This all happened in the matter of two days, and the air bag was dissconected and the steering wheel was replaced. I do not know if this has any bearing on the situation? I hope this made sense and not to jumbled. Thanks for the help in advance

Crank sensor is my bet. It should spark even if the timing is off, it will just spark at the wrong moment.
    did you check if the fuel injectors are working? If no, then the cam sensor dead.
    -Instagram@jdjurhuus
    Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

thats what i was guessing. i checked my ecu and it looked to be just fine, checked all grounds and have absolutly no spark. im getting fuel i even tried some starting fluid and it didnt even sputter at me. so i have a buddy with another ecu and we will throw it in tomorrow and see if that does anything. if not next step will be changing my crank sensor. i checked my plugs to the coils and only one side (15) is hot while the ignition is on. the other side (1) doesn't recieve power while cranking. so my guess was the the crank sensor had gone bad. just dont see why it would go bad in two days. then again like you had said it should still run even if the timing was off. so my guess is that the crank sensor has been going bad for some time now and it has just now died.
      Last edited by tanktank208; 06-09-2012, 06:04 PM.

Comment

No, ehm i think you have gotten the wrong idea from my comment, it should not run if the timing is of (like way way off) It should still spark.

The second reason could be ews, but i think you are clear of that since it came in the late 95+ models.
        -Instagram@jdjurhuus
        Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

i didnt get the wrong idea. that car ran but wouldnt idle so "very rough" now that i have re-done the timing. it doesnt run at all. that is the issue i am having. i have no spark at all anymore unlike when i started. and no ews its a 94

Comment

so i took my dme to my buddies house and put it in the exact same car sedan and all and his car started right up when i put his car. i changed the crank position sensor and still nothing! THIS IS DRIVING ME CRAZY PLEASE HELP

Comment

You might have to reset the code in the obc, I had the exact same issue as you and I asked the guy I bought my car from, he informed me that he reset the code in the obc once when the dme got wet, he couldn't remember what it was so I had to reset it myself. If I remember correctly you have to disconnect the battery, wait 30 secs and then reconnect, turn the ignition to on and then hit code followed by reset and enter a new 4 digit value and something else after that...its been awhile. Mine fired right up after I did that.

flickr 7eleven Designs Blog

Comment

Originally posted by EURO_meister View Post
                You might have to reset the code in the obc, I had the exact same issue as you and I asked the guy I bought my car from, he informed me that he reset the code in the obc once when the dme got wet, he couldn't remember what it was so I had to reset it myself. If I remember correctly you have to disconnect the battery, wait 30 secs and then reconnect, turn the ignition to on and then hit code followed by reset and enter a new 4 digit value and something else after that...its been awhile. Mine fired right up after I did that.
                now when you say 4 digit code, where is this code coming from and where can i get it? i mean i have ordered a few new parts such as cam sensor blah blah blah and this is worth a shot. thanks for the hellp and anything further you can provide would be greatly appreciated

Comment

Once reset you can use any four digit combo you want, and you don't need to input the previously entered code because disconnecting the battery should clear it out from the memory

flickr 7eleven Designs Blog

Comment

Originally posted by EURO_meister View Post
                    Once reset you can use any four digit combo you want, and you don't need to input the previously entered code because disconnecting the battery should clear it out from the memory
                    what year is yours? i have been trying on mine and i can get to the lock on but i cannot turn it off at all to reset it

Comment

Check for all your ground, check for bad terminals, check main relays,check to make sure your getting fuel and Check your engine hornest and etc, its allot of reasons why it wont start.Hope some of this helps!

So you Fancy Huh!!

Comment

Working...
                      X