Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sooo...this may be a dumb question buuuttt....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sooo...this may be a dumb question buuuttt....

Okay so i have been on these DDM coiovers for a while now. the "new and improved" version....whatever......anyways the rears go down plenty low but the fronts I am very disapointed with. they are ALL the way down and I still have maybe a pinkie finger of wheel gap....which is too much lol. Anyways my question is can I just cut a couple of coils off the spring to lower it more? i'm almost positive that the spring is not progressive...

any help would be great

Here's a pic of the coils eventhough you all probably know what they look like

-Brandon-

you CAN, but you will possibly create noise within the coilover after. i would buy a shorter set of springs personally, its only like 150 bucks
    Disclaimer:
    I am rude, opinionated, and sometimes come off as a dick. I am just speaking my mind. If it offends you, PM me. Don't go whine to someone else. I am civil, talk to me, just dont be stupid.

and USE THE SEARCH BUTTON

Comment

Originally posted by yokotas13 View Post
      you CAN, but you will possibly create noise within the coilover after. i would buy a shorter set of springs personally, its only like 150 bucks
      +1
      Originally posted by da3bous
      I want you to photoshop a giant penis down the side of my car

Comment

Soo I contacted DDM asking if they had or could make shorter springs and they said no that they only make stiffer ones...FML
        -Brandon-

Comment

That sucks, but at least you got ahold of them, Ive been trying to call them for a week to get some new springs... no luck.

Comment

You don't need DDM springs. Buy them from GC (eibach) or hyperco.

Comment

yeah. You can use any springs that match the ID of hte springs you have now
              GC, Swift, etc etc.
              I prefer swift
              Disclaimer:
              I am rude, opinionated, and sometimes come off as a dick. I am just speaking my mind. If it offends you, PM me. Don't go whine to someone else. I am civil, talk to me, just dont be stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by TheStig View Post
                That sucks, but at least you got ahold of them, Ive been trying to call them for a week to get some new springs... no luck.
                yeah I have def dealt with companies that have better customer service. I sent them a multi question email and all I got back was "are you sure you doing it right?" lol

And how do I find out my spring ID??
                -Brandon-

Comment

It will be measured in MM.
                  grab a tape measure and go at it.
                  better way would be to use a sliding caliper such as this one

and by ID, i mean inner diameter
                  Last edited by FreshLikeSushi; 12-30-2009, 09:55 PM.
                  Disclaimer:

Comment

Awesome! Thanks guys!

I will be much lowweerrr soon hehe long over due
                    -Brandon-

Comment

you can take out some of the lower perches to drop it some....
                      Swang.n.Bang

Comment

remove the two bottom most perches and drop the remaining perch to the sleeve...u will gain a good 1/2" to full 1"
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X