A junky e36 m3 gets a makeover.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A junky e36 m3 gets a makeover.

Here it is in the beginning about 2 months ago. My 95 M3.This thing has been abused

It's been totaled about 3 times, but the price was right

The car came equipped with:

3.38 LSD
    Bilstein PSS9 coilovers
    JC software

I really do wish I had more pics from when I first got it

Since these pics, I have done alot of maintenance since it has left me stranded twice in 2 months

-Water pump
    -DSSR
    -UUC tranny mounts
    -Motor mounts
    -Radiator

I traded the XXR wheels it originally had for some 18x9 and 18x8.5 rotas. I also painted the calipers black, and de-tinted the windows.

I never really like the blacked out look, so I painted them bronze and removed the Rota center cap

I also added a Momo tuner steering wheel, some vintage momo pedals, a houndstooth shift boot, and a nifty shift knob. I also re-did the door panels in houndstooth.

I then equipped the front wheels with 255/35 Bridgestones. A big step up from 225/40. I am pretty happy with the fitment. I may go lower, but this car gets driven hard.

Oh yea, it's in the process of getting boosted as well

I am going to clean it up and re-assemble everything and more pics will come after that.

Until next time
    Last edited by Logan; 12-29-2009, 07:47 PM.

Looking good so far look forward to the turbo updates.
    Live,Breathe,Build,Believe,BMW!

Comment

Cars looing good.
      What brand/colour name is the paint if you done it with rattle cans?

Comment

Originally posted by slimadi View Post
        Looking good so far look forward to the turbo updates.
        Thanks!

I am going with a TCD bottom mount setup

Originally posted by Chris. View Post
        Cars looing good.
        What brand/colour name is the paint if you done it with rattle cans?
        It is spray paint. It is the dupli-color bronze wheel paint. It is discontinued and hard to find. You can still get it off ebay however.

Comment

Cheers, exact colour I'm looking for.

Comment

Oh man. How much power are you looking at get? And I hope you've gotten that rear end a little more under control considering the addition of that turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by B Rod View Post
              Oh man. How much power are you looking at get? And I hope you've gotten that rear end a little more under control considering the addition of that turbo.
              Exactly my thoughts... lol

Comment

Hahaha, first thing i thought was "shoulda spent that money on a driving course."

Comment

Interesting! keep us posted
                  1988 Toyota MR2 Supercharged
                  Stance:Nation Feature | Build Thread

Comment

Looking for 450whp.

Actually, the car very easy to maneuver. It had just rained. The car was very low for the tire profile I was running, and the tire grabbed the fender mid-slide and that was that. It destroyed the passenger fender and cut the tire. Luckily, that was the only damage.

But this is the internet, so people will talk

Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
                    Hahaha, first thing i thought was "shoulda spent that money on a driving course."
                    Hardee har. Cause you were there and knew the circumstances and all
                    Last edited by Logan; 12-29-2009, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Damn dude looks good.. I really considered this car before you got it, but after talking to the guy a bit I decided against it, haha. I'm definitely going to have to come check that thing out sometime soon, when do you think you'll have it running?

Comment

Originally posted by Logan View Post
                        Looking for 450whp.

Actually, the car very easy to maneuver. It had just rained. The car was very low for the tire profile I was running, and the tire grabbed the fender mid-slide and that was that. It destroyed the passenger fender and cut the tire. Luckily, that was the only damage.

But this is the internet, so people will talk
                        I was just yoking. Should be a fun build to follow.

Comment

How much is the turbo setup running you, if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

Originally posted by jcbe34 View Post
                            Damn dude looks good.. I really considered this car before you got it, but after talking to the guy a bit I decided against it, haha. I'm definitely going to have to come check that thing out sometime soon, when do you think you'll have it running?
                            Yea the PO was not all that bright...Luckily he didn't own the car for too long

It's not nearly as clean as your standards though trust me

It's a surprisingly solid car, but it has a TON of little shit that needs to be done.

Should be running on low boost in 3 weeks or so. Just ordered the manifold

I was just yoking. Should be a fun build to follow.

Originally posted by Morbid View Post
                            How much is the turbo setup running you, if you don't mind me asking?
                            Well. Since I am a full time college student and I work maybe 4 days a week...This is how I did it...

I bought these Southern Ways Epsilon locally off ebay for $150. 17x9.5 et53 with very good 275/40 tires.

I then sold the tires for $120.

Once the tires were sold, I ended up trading the wheels for a TRM turbo tune.

So I essentially got the tune for $30.

Next, I hounded ebay for a decent intercooler. I really am trying to stay away from no name parts, so I bought an S-max intercooler. They retail for over $800 new.

I purchased mine new from ebay (display model) for $220 shipped.

Nitrous will be used to cool the intake charge once I get all the quirks out of the complete setup.

I then went and bought some IC piping and a HKS SSQV for $80

I went locally to Z1 for couplers/t bolt clamps. $100

I purchased an OBX top mount from ebay for $360.

I purchased a godspeed 44mm wastegate locally for $50 I would've really liked a tial or turbosmart, but the 44mm ones usually go for around $400+

I purchased a Hyperdrive MBC for $26 shipped thanks to ebay. These retail for $150.

I bought a 50 trim AiResearch (Garrett) T4 .58 exhaust housing turbo NEW from ebay for $100 shipped.

Oil feed/return lines purchased for $50.

Downpipe will be fabricated in the $100 range. Exhaust will be another $100 or so. So $200 there.

60lb Siemens Deka injectors were purchased new for $230 shipped.

I have yet to purchase the MAF, but it will be around $200.

Let's factor in another $100 for random shit that will come up.

Keep in mind, this is not including ARP head studs which I have not ordered yet. A.140 head gasket is a possibility in the future, but there have been plenty of 400+whp stock compression s50's. All the way up to 520whp on a 100% stock motor on pump gas!

So once we add up all the orange, I should be in the $1750 range.

Not bad!

Updates coming soon..
                            Last edited by Logan; 12-31-2009, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Sounds great. I've been contemplating selling my m3 to get something cheaper to turbo, but you've inspired me :-D.

There's actually a 1600 AA s/c kit on craigslist I'm thinking about picking up, but I'm not sure about that yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X