Suspension strut bushes [E24/E28]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspension strut bushes [E24/E28]

I want to get everything prepped and ready for air ride however the bottom bushes on the rear suspension strut I'm hacking apart are looking a little tired. I've heard these are a bastard to replace and not worth it.

Do you agree? I know there are a lot of BMW fanatics on here.

What else should I look at getting sorted too in preparation? Going to take apart my spare front hubs and check they look clean as it will leave me a full set of standards should I want to return to stock.

Can't find anything but poly bushed options for these. Annoying.

Comment

What's the problem with going for poly bushes then? Shouldn't really be a noticable difference, a positive one if any.

Comment

Just cost really, I'm sure when I looked poly bushes were ~£100, thought OEM ones would have been cheaper. I'll look again.

Comment

Hmm sucks man... Can't they be ordered from the stealer? Or are they really expensive there too?
          On my coilovers they are solid mounts, works without a single problem. Might be worth trying? Shouldn't be too hard to fab up some metal bushes that fit in there exactly right?

Comment

That is what one of my mates suggested, he said he could make some solid mounts on the machine at work. All parts on RealOEM are 1pc with the strut, I mean, I could just use mine it is just they are looking a bit worn.

Comment

If possible and for cheap, I'd make those solid mounts. Better do it now and not worry about for the next couple of years than skip it and keep thinking about those bushes.
              If it's really hard or expensive or whatever... well I guess that's your decision.

Comment

I thought solid bushes wouldn't be too bad given the movement in the bag too. Just worried it might put a bit more strain on the bag than necessary.

Comment

By solid, do you mean aluminium? I would not do it.
                  The thing i would do, is machining my own set out of Polyurethane. you need the right type tho, go to a hardware store and ask around. I managed to get it here on Faroe Island, so you should be able to get it there in UK.
                  -Instagram@jdjurhuus
                  Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

http://www.powerflex.co.uk/products/...nge-139/1.html

this is a very good link that i just found. Universal range of bushings, you can find something that is close to the dimensions you want, and cut it up to what you need. Hope this helps man.
                    -Instagram@jdjurhuus
                    Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

Working...
                    X