PDA

View Full Version : GPNY go kartz

kramerbuccs24
12-27-2009, 04:50 PM
www.gpny.com

Anyone heard of them/been there? I went for my third time last week and can't get enough of it. Went twice last winter/off-season and will probably going at least 3 or 4 times this year, my buddies and I will probably be doing one of their enduro events this coming year.

I did a lot of autoX 2 seasons ago and a few times last year, but after doing this a few times I don't know if I'll be doing it at all in '10, probably just drift events. I like GPNY better because it's wheel-to-wheel rather than against a clock which is huge for me, plus (literally :) ) hitting an apex or trading paint is less nerve-wracking since the karts are made to do it... plus it's not your one and only car that you're racing.

My friends and I usually do 4 races (10 minutes or so per race, ~30 seconds per lap) for $80 plus a $10 1 day membership fee, so $90 for 4 races. Compared to autoX this ain't bad, especially when you factor in tires! Plus there's 45+ minutes between autoX races and well under 10 minutes of actual driving, at GPNY you can be done with 45 minutes of ACTUAL racing in under an hour and a half!

Quick vid, not mine, my friend was gonna bring his GoPro but decided not to? lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBlgTqFYkBc&feature=related

Our local upstate NY forum www.shift518.com will probably be organizing an event within the next 4 or 5 weeks, I'll post it up here if anyone's interested. 20 or 25 people came out for last year's shift event so I can't wait for this one!

And for anyone that's been there, my best time on Uptown is 30.30x :D