Tank size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tank size?

Just picked up some megan coil overs for my 2005 ford focus ZX4, and decided to mate them to some UAS bags. I'll be running 1/4 lines, with 4 manual paddle switches.

do you guys think a 5 gallon tank with dual Viair 380c's will be enough to operate on as a daily driver, and power occasional air tools when needed?

here's a pic of the 4x4 so you guys have an idea of what i'm working with:
    DSC01846

DSC02796 by DruMurda, on Flickr

Yeah, a 5 gallon tank with dual 380C's will be fine for daily driving.

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

so i ended up getting a 5 gal tank, and i'll be running a single 444c. i'm going to use a 40a relay to wire it up. do i run a 40a fuse inline from the battery to the compressor? also, do you know if it'll make a difference if I run a 3/8 line out to the block manifold vs. a 1/4 line?

Comment

Yeah, a 40A fuse will be fine for a single compressor. Were you thinking about going with paddles such as THESE? If so, those are your valves and you won't be using a manifold. Also, the barbs on the back of the paddle valves only accept 1/4" lines so if you wanted to go with 3/8" up to it (which will make it slightly faster but not by much) you will still need to step them down to 1/4".

Comment

i think its called a "block manifold", but its really just a block with six 1/4" female taps in it. i figured it'll be cleaner to run one 3/8" line into the car, to the "block manifold." then have it split out to four 1/4" lines to each switch and use the extra tap for a tank gauge.

Comment

Okay I wasn't sure if you were thinking about doing paddle valves or switches. One 3/8" supply line to the manifold really isn't going to make a difference in fill speed and your dump speed won't be effected at all.

Comment

Working...
            X