Needing advice on welder for frame work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needing advice on welder for frame work

I am looking to be able to do some minor frame work (ie. bag cups, engine mounts, reworking a crossmember) Looking to keep it under $400 if possible, have 220v outlet already. Also if possible want to be able to do some body work with same welder but can buy a seperate one if necessary.

local Craigslist seems to have a pretty good selection of name band welders just dont want to by one and have to sell it for a different one.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

not sure how many 220v's you will find under 400$ even used. I bought the Lincoln Power Mig 256 and love it to death. its so easy to dial in but def a lil expensive.

Comment

You should be able to find a Lincoln sp175 or something in that range or any used miller thats under 180.

I used a sp175 about 8 years ago for a bunch of control arms I was building for mustangs. Did the job just find. Look at Eastwood company also. A friend of mine has their little 220 welder new for 6-650 and it does the job for what it is.

Hope that helps, always check craigslist. You might get lucky and find a miller matic 210 for around 7-800. Perfect all around mig welder in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
      X