What size air line?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What size air line?

I posted this in the management section (oops) with no response, so i thought I'd try here.

just curious as too how too size my air line.
    how will it affect pressure/ flow rate?

personally, id rather have my pipes run at 1/2", just because i have the tools to bend it if i decided too run a hard line. but i dont want to run anything oversized.

thanks!

Originally posted by P3Z View Post
    I posted this in the management section (oops) with no response, so i thought I'd try here.

just curious as too how too size my air line.
    how will it affect pressure/ flow rate?

personally, id rather have my pipes run at 1/2", just because i have the tools to bend it if i decided too run a hard line. but i dont want to run anything oversized.

thanks!
    1/2" lines are pretty large. The majority of our customers will run 3/8" lines because they are quick but not too fast. The larger your air line, the quicker your car will move up and down and this has a direct relationship to hitting target psi's. If you run 1/4" air line, you will be able to get to a certain psi without any trouble but if you run 1/2" lines, there's a good chance you will be overshooting your target psi's more so than not.

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

Agree 100%

Ive always used 3/8" in my cars... It can also depend on the valves you use.. If you run 1/2" lines, but only have 1/4" valves, your car wont go up any quicker. Generally what ever size valves you have is what air line you would use...

eg. Accuair VU4 has 3/8" ports, so you would use all 3/8" lines.
      Originally posted by anth
      Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

^^ Many thanks to both answers. puts me one step closer to owning my own system now.

Comment

I personally always use 1/4" Lines on my cars. Al off my Mini Trucks had 3/8" Line, I personally think 3/8" Lines are still to fast.

Use 3/8" Valeves with 1/4" Line, you will be happy with the results
          08 Audi A4 Avant S-Line 2.0T Quattro Bagged on B's
          08 Audi S4 - SOLD

Comment

I run all 1/2in on my s10 (electric valves, line). My bag fills are fast, I can hop the rear wheels off the ground about an inch if I so choose to. If your setup for 1/2in fittings and all that, I say go for it. Worst case if its too fast for you, can run manual valves or 3/8" or smaller electric valves.

Comment

i was thinking that 3/8" line would have been too slow, but due to ease of installation i went with 3/8", looking back on it 1/2" would have been to fast for me i' really happy with the speed of 3/8" line

build thread?

Comment

Working...
              X