"Stretch friendly" tyres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Stretch friendly" tyres

Ok, so i know theres a few american/euro threads on which tyres are best for performance/stretch and what not.
    But we have different roads conditions and surfaces.

I was just wondering what the rest of you guys run and how youve found them?
    Im about to purchase tyres in the next week or so, and id greatly appreciate any info or feedback

Cheers

nankangs

toyos

falkens

Comment

kumhos arent bad too,

federals can too but dont look pretty
      sigpic

Comment

for me personally, nothing beats achilles tyres, they stretch very very nice, very quite, affordable, and best of all they last really long, but in saying that achilles tyres arent really performance tyres, so if youre gonna track the car i wouldnt go with achilles

Comment

there many different sizes for achilles tyres ray?

Comment

If you want performance tyres. bridgestone re001 and re002 are awesome performance tyres but really shit for stretch

Comment

Nankang for stretch.
              Originally posted by anth
              Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

Originally posted by INDOMI View Post
                for me personally, nothing beats achilles tyres, they stretch very very nice, very quite, affordable, and best of all they last really long, but in saying that achilles tyres arent really performance tyres, so if youre gonna track the car i wouldnt go with achilles
                +1 to that, Achilles stretch well and they smoke pretty well too
                Drinking Enthusiast with a Car Problem

Comment

Thanks for all the responses guys!
                  Im not really looking to track the car at all.. 2.0lt n/a boxer :/...
                  But i do live not far from the otways and great ocean road, so chances are they wont get an easy life.

I was looking at toyo proxes 4's or kumho ku31.
                  But ive heard bad things about kumho sidewalls?

Comment

what kind of things about kumho sidewalls? i never had a problem, tranzz always runs them and hes never had a puncture or tyres dying lol
                    sigpic

Comment

Not really bad things, just terrible distortion and really thin.
                      So im kinda torn between achilles, toyo and kumho. All within similar price.

Comment

Originally posted by shinny View Post
                        there many different sizes for achilles tyres ray?
                        sizes are a bit limited man, but yeah hopefully they will bring out more options in the future

Comment

Originally posted by INDOMI View Post

+1 achillies. Recommended by ray and havent turned back since. Been driving on this set up for nearly a year now. Drive roughly 600-700kms a week and in that time

fronts. Have flipped the tyres once, replaced once early due to me hitting a pot hole and the tyre bubbling. Currently on the second set of tyres in the front, have yet to be flipped. expecting to flip by end of winter

Rears. First set, have yet to be flipped.

If you do the math, have driven/ 31200kms with my set up. No lower than 30000kms, no higher than 40000kms give or take. Think i changed tyres in the front at about 20,000kms. But had to change it early due to that bubble. If i still had the first set on in the front, id probably just need to get new tyres around now.

...wow LOL

Comment

...wow LOL

Pretty much sumes it up...
                            Thats impressive!
                            Last edited by flushhhteen; 04-13-2012, 07:35 PM. Reason: quote didnt work

Comment

Haha yeah I never really actually worked out the amount of kms I've driven. And now that I have, I'm impressed. Just get regular alignments. Every 6 months. Noticed my toe gets fucked over time

Comment

Working...
                              X