My future build :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My future build :)

Getting ready to put my current car ('07 Cobalt SS, can be found here: http://tunermaneuvermag.com/featured...ectful-cobalt/) up for sale and i'm picking up a '91 Accord coupe for $1,000 to be my daily.

Will be replacing it with a car i've wanted for years now, which is a Nordic Green Metallic RX-8. I have BIG plans for the car, and if everything goes as planned at my job (should be going from $12.10/hour + commission to $30.00/hour here soon......yay for promotions!), it'll be done by this time next summer. Plans for it include:

Mishimoto carbon fiber intake
    IPT Motorsports carbon fiber engine cover
    Axial Flow master cylinder brace
    TiTek stainless header
    Custom 2.5" cat-back to a single exit HKS Carbon-Ti muffler
    Axial Flow short throw shifter

JIC-Magic FLT-FAS coilovers
    JIC-Magic carbon type strut bars (front/rear)
    JIC-Magic real S2 street pads (front/rear)

JDM corner lenses
    Chargespeed Bottom Line carbon fiber lip kit

18"x9"F/18"x10"R J-Line SDMRL2 wheels (gloss black/polished lip)
    *May use some form of spacers to get the fitment i'm looking for.

And of course excessive front/rear camber specs & verrrrryyyyy stretched tires. I've never seen an RX-8 take this path before, so i'd like to be one of the first to do it

Always been a huge fan of this style of cars, just never had the money to build a car of this magnitude.

Hopefully the car will be in my possesion by this fall. Obviously the coilovers, wheels & tires will be the first mods done to the car, followed by the Chargespeed lip kit and then onto the motor!
    Last edited by OSSHWA; 07-13-2009, 08:53 PM.
    MB Obsidian Black Metallic Crossfire SRT-6
    Instagram - @osshwa

Man, that cobalt sits way up high. Lookin forward to the new car though

Comment

Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
      Man, that cobalt sits way up high. Lookin forward to the new car though
      Its a daily driver. 63,000 miles on it since I got it brand new in Oct. '06. And I agree........it does sit way too high. Like I said, coilovers were in the works for it, but I decided not to waste any more money in the car.

Oh, and I noticed BMW's are pretty popular on here. I formerly owned a '97 M3 couple. Silver/black leather interior. I did a few things to it in the short time I owned it including a Dinan CAI, UUC Motorwerks cat-back & shifter and EDM clear corner lenses. But I wound up selling it, along with my minty fresh FC RX-7 b/c at the time I really needed something practical, reliable and good on gas.....hence where the Cobalt came into play.

But I plan on having little to no ground clearance on the 8. Gonna do a rediculous stretch and enough camber to make tires a novelty item more than a necessity.
      Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

Mines daily driven too, with < 2"s of clearance

Hurry up and get the rx8

Comment

Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
          Mines daily driven too, with < 2"s of clearance

Hurry up and get the rx8
          Trust me, the roads are hella shithouse around here. I bent one of my 19"s the first week way back when I got the set. And the resonator is completely flat in the back from a piss poor decision to attempt parking in a Richmond parking garage. Fail.

And yeah dude, i'm so stoke to get the 8. I'm def gonna need some guidance. I know exactly what I want in my head, but doing it is gonna be another thing all together. I'm definitely no n00b to car tuning.......but getting the stretch, tuck and camber perfect is gonna require some assistance. Thats why i'm getting an early start on here. B/c come next summer I wanna unveil the 8 out in full force. And its gonna be a riot hacking up the rear bumper and one of the rear spats that come with the Chargespeed bottom line kit to get that HKS Carbon-Ti muffler to fit. Also since I plan on having the car so low, I won't be able to do the normal bend in the pipe before the muffler to get the angle i'm looking for. The only solution I could come up with in my head was to angle cut the end of the piping and weld the muffler onto the angle cut, lol. God its gonna be epic.
          Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

should be really promising

wait til you have the promotion before you start spending like you do, esp in this economy
            2005 530i Orient Blue wif sum stufs

Comment

Originally posted by PraiseTheLowered09 View Post
              should be really promising

wait til you have the promotion before you start spending like you do, esp in this economy
              Oh, absolutely. This is all just a mere pipedream right now. But i'm determined to make it my next build no matter what. And even if I don't become a node tech, I still have offers to go to sales, business services and escalations here, so regardless, by the end of the year my financial situation should be alot better.
              Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

VA huh?
                Originally posted by da3bous
                I want you to photoshop a giant penis down the side of my car

Comment

Originally posted by aschroeder92 View Post
                  VA huh?
                  Yesssir.
                  Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

what do you do for a living? Slammed RX8, yum.

Comment

One time a majorly modded Cobalt SS handed my M3 it's ass

Good luck on the new project. Friend in Chicago had an RX-8 and while he tracked it so the intended use was different it was a fun little car.

Comment

Originally posted by Nelson View Post
                        what do you do for a living? Slammed RX8, yum.
                        Right now i'm a customer account executive for Comcast. But i'm trying to become a node technician at our head end.
                        Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

Man, i'm gonna have alooooooot of questions about offsets, fender rolling/pulling, stretch and spacers when I get the ball and chain rolling on this. I'll get pics up on how aggressive of a stretch I want, how aggressive I want my camber to be, etc etc. Also mind you, this car will NOT be a daily. Between the the aggressive stretch, redic. camber specs and and the Chargespeed lit kit I plan on running, I expect pretty much zero ground clearance for the muffler/exhaust piping and less than an inch of clearance for the body itself, lol.
                          Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

Working...
                          X