Coilover Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coilover Parts

For those of you who might change around spring rates and upgrade parts on your suspensions, where do you get your stuff? Basically I need to pick up a set of ~5x9.5" springs, threaded sleeves and a couple of threaded spring seats.

I've used Afco and their quality, and prices, are really good. Anyone used someone different?

i'm thinking of slapping on some swift springs, but i'm going to reuse the perches and other hardware that are already on my coilovers. i'm hoping this will piss off the local evo drivers, since they maintain that my car is disgustingly low and performance is horrible. it would be nice to have coilover springs that are more baller than theirs.

Comment

Idk if they have the exact parts that you need, but I know Ground Control has alot of parts like that, and their quality is verry good.

Comment

Originally posted by TheStig View Post
        Idk if they have the exact parts that you need, but I know Ground Control has alot of parts like that, and their quality is verry good.
        Great, thanks for the advice. I'll get in touch with them and see what parts they offer and if they can sell things separately. I got in touch with Afco and their prices, for everything, are at around what I can get the kit made by a aftermarket Volvo suspension company. I would also then have to go and get the upper aluminum part made and welded on....so I think I'll just go with the pre made stuff lol. Here are a few pics of how they should look. Just have to scrounge up the ~$300 for them. The nice thing is that he will give me the option for whichever spring height and rate I want, which makes it completely customizable.

Comment

HI MATT! haha

I was thinking about doing some coilovers for the rear of my car... I just have to figure out if its even possible... and I hope my only option isn't to buy the S60R ones... you know I don't have the money for that stuff. I can't wait to see what you'll be doing with this project, hopefully it'll be a bit lower.

Follow Me On Instagram! @jvc8790 #jvcphotography

Comment

JOHNNN

Do you have any information about how your rear is set up? I can give you links to the parts I've found and maybe we can get something going! It's honestly not hard to build something, but I would need to know how it's layed out.

After pricing everything out for building mine, It'll probably be easier just to get the Kaplhenke set. The parts will cost me around $270 and then I still need to get the top aluminum part cut/welded to the c/o sleeve. Regardless...it will be nice.

Did I mention that my buddy is buying my current 25mm Viva adapters? Going to 30's (front) 40's (rear). That will sit me completely flush with the fenders.

Comment

Working...
            X