Universal Bag Shock combo or Universal Bag w/ Bilstein Shocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Universal Bag Shock combo or Universal Bag w/ Bilstein Shocks

I am looking to bag a w210 Mercedes 4matic and I am still learning about what to buy.

I am up in the air about what type of bag and strut setup to use. I love Bagyard products but I havent found any universal struts from them.

I have looked into AirLift universal Bag w/strut but I am wondering if I am better of buying new Bilstein B6 shocks and using a sleve over strut.

Can someone let me know the pros and cons of buying a full bag strut vs sleeve of strut.

I feel the universal bag struts would take a lot more modification and fabrication then using a Bilstein strut with the correct mounting plates ect.. PLEASE HELP! THX!

Are you wondering the difference of going with a bag over coil suspension versus an actual air strut?

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

I'm actually curious about the difference between the two. I'm not too knowledgable about bags, but I'm very interested in slowly putting a set together (since I can't afford to buy the kit for my e30 outright from you guys). I currently have d2 coils and camber plates in my car which are fairly new, so I was wondering if I would have to get rid of them completely to run bags.

Comment

Originally posted by seven-57 View Post
        I'm actually curious about the difference between the two. I'm not too knowledgable about bags, but I'm very interested in slowly putting a set together (since I can't afford to buy the kit for my e30 outright from you guys). I currently have d2 coils and camber plates in my car which are fairly new, so I was wondering if I would have to get rid of them completely to run bags.
        You could do a bag over coil up front using the Universal Air AeroSport bags but your ride quality and handling would be better with an actual air strut. It would be a bit less work to use your existing coils with an AeroSport bag since the struts are already set up for your e30. If you wanted to go with the Air Lift Universal struts, you would have to cut off your oem spindles and weld them to the Air Lift struts, as well as making custom top plates.

The Air Lift Universals will definitely require more work, but in the long run it would be the better option. If you just wanted to bag the car quickly and in the least expensive manner, AeroSports on your existing coilovers are a good way to go. As for the rears, you will just need to do a little fabrication with the top and bottom mounts and use the universal bags of your choice.

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

Working...
        X