What about the APK regulations in NL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What about the APK regulations in NL

Hey Guys, in a few weeks I will move from Germany to the NL. I want to bring my car with me. What about the regulations for exhausts, lowering and motortuning? Are there any differences to the German "Tűv" regulations?

Well, you're going to be happy with this answer! In Holland the regulations are much better

I understand that in Germany, basicly, every modification has to be approved by the TUV right? In Holland this isn't the case, so you don't need an approval for every separate mod.
    Once in a year you have the so called APK and the rules for it are quite OK. Suspension can be as low as you want, as long as certain rules hold (spring can't be lose when the car is jacked up for example).
    Another example, when you swap your engine. This has to be approved by the RDW. They test whether the car is road legal. Generally, when you have sorted things out as they should be (brakes, paperwork, motormounts etc etc), you should pass it.

I've to go now, but I think you understand the overall picture

Good luck!

Comment

So you want to import your car to Holland?

Your call will probably get something called a "type goedkeuring".
      It doesn't matter how you import your car and what mods are on it. You go to the RDW, they check if the car's safe. If it is, you fill out some forms and your done

atleast, I thought this is the way they work..
      Check us out @ Facebook: Flatworx

Comment

Thanks for these answers guys. I think, if everything for the generally safety is ok, like brakes, lights, horn, then I should pass the APK...
        Fine!!!

Comment

And how exactly is the vehicle Tax payment working? What would I pay for 1245kg nettoweight?

Or are these gps-trackers already in use?

Comment

No gps trackers..... You can choose to pay every month/every 3 months or per year..

Depends on where your gonna live, what your gonna pay!

Some "provincies" are more expensive then others..

If you tell me where I can check it out...

Comment

For decision are Maastricht and Groningen. Ah, the vehicle is an e36 318i build 05/93... Still Euro1, but I will upgrade it to euro2 soon...

Comment

Also depends on what you drive, diesel of petrol

Groningen:
                Diesel = 1168,00 a year
                Petrol = 576,00 a year

Limburg:
                Diesel = 1152,00 a year
                Petrol = 564,00 a year

I now see these provinces arn't that different.. Doesn't matter much
                Last edited by iloow; 03-24-2012, 01:01 PM.
                Check us out @ Facebook: Flatworx

Comment

318i, not tds...

Comment

Looks like your Road tax will be 576 euros a year... that's in Groningen, Maastricht should be about the same.
                    You'll like Holland

Comment

Okay, how much is petrol per litre? Are there any discounts if you fill on a "stammtankstelle"?

Comment

Euro 95 is now between 1.75- 1.85 or so, Euro 98 is about 10 cents more expensive. It does matter a lot where you get it, although that's probably the same where you come from.

Comment

In Berlin 95 is about 1.65 and 98 is at 1.70 at the moment...

Comment

That's not a big difference ..

Why your moving to NL?

Groningen / Limburg is a big difference in living enviroment... Hahaha

Comment

My Girl is looking for a job in Groningen, I'm looking for a job in maastricht, also have an offer there. Where we gonna live then, will be decided in a few days...

I don't want to live in Germany anymore, for personal reasons. And the NL are not so far away, in distance and culture ;-)

And I always wanted to get an yellow/black license plate for my car

Comment

Working...
                              X