Post some rust.

It can look sick if done right.
    Carry on boys.
    You know what to do.
    -Nick

dislike

/facebook

Widebody B6 build

HIT ME UP if you need Ksport supplies. i can get them to you cheaper than anyone.

Comment

<3 This

-Nick

Comment

I just don't know. Sometimes it looks amazing, and sometimes it just looks out of place.

If a totally clean looking car has just 1 entire panel rusted, it looks strange to me. But if the rust is done just in details (Russ' B13 Sentra), or if it fits the overall motif of the car (Mike's E28), it's pretty damn awesome.
        sigpic
        » scott »« '03 vw passat turbo »« '88 toyota mr2 s/c »« '09 honda ruckus «

Comment

Is there a DIY somewhere on how to do this purely for cosmetic purposes?
          1988 Toyota MR2 Supercharged
          Stance:Nation Feature | Build Thread

Comment

honestly the only car that ever has or ever will pull it off.

Comment

Originally posted by kramerbuccs24 View Post
              Is there a DIY somewhere on how to do this purely for cosmetic purposes?
              I have a feeling that an AW11 will not look good with rusted panels. Too angular to pull it off, but I could be wrong.

As for how it's done. I think you just strip the paint off, sand it down to bare metal, then you just get a misting bottle (a la Windex), fill it with salt water, and apply as you see fit.
              sigpic
              » scott »« '03 vw passat turbo »« '88 toyota mr2 s/c »« '09 honda ruckus «

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                I have a feeling that an AW11 will not look good with rusted panels. Too angular to pull it off, but I could be wrong.

As for how it's done. I think you just strip the paint off, sand it down to bare metal, then you just get a misting bottle (a la Windex), fill it with salt water, and apply as you see fit.
                Cool, thanks.

And I wasn't necessarily thinking for the MR2, but if I did do it on the MR2 it would probably be some or all of the trunk/engine lid/engine trim pieces.

Just a thought

Comment

Originally posted by FluffywhiteM3 View Post
                  honestly the only car that ever has or ever will pull it off.

Ouch.

Here's mine in two iterations:

Comment

Originally posted by M.Burroughs View Post
                    Ouch.

Comment

I gots rust

Comment

IMO only looks good on black or silver cars, and it has to be the right type. That VW is sick. Also, Rusty pre-collision pulled off the single body panel look.

Comment

Originally posted by M.Burroughs View Post
                          Ouch.

Here's mine in two iterations:

How did you do the rust on these? Was it the two part paint or was it all sanded back? Im doing some rust on my VeeDub and havnt decided how ill do it yet... (I would love it to look like the first shot)
                          Last edited by Doctor; 12-14-2009, 09:26 AM.
                          www.brassmunkymedia.com.au

Oversteer Scares The Passengers, Understeer Scares The Driver

Comment

what i don't understand is why some rust is different colors than others.
                            I really dislike the bright orange looking rust, but then sometimes its like a gray, which looks good.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor View Post
                              How did you do the rust on these? Was it the two part paint or was it all sanded back? Im doing some rust on my VeeDub and havnt decided how ill do it yet... (I would love it to look like the first shot)
                              I would just spray air craft remover all over the part you want to rust. strip it, then sand it in the same direction. There's also some info on the web on how to get stuff to rust faster.

Comment

Working...
                              X