Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parts

So as I put in my intro post, I am looking to bag My lincoln LS, it is a v-8 rear wheel drive.

If your are familiar at at all with the jaquar s type, that s what chassis my car has.
    I want to basically get some info on brands and best parts and Practices at this time.

Suspension set up, it has a lower and upper control arm in the front and back (IRS), The front uses a coil over style strut that mounts to a strut tower and the lower control arm with a single bolt through the eyelet. the back is basically the same but shorter strut or shock.

So, what I need to figure out is what type of bags I should go with. Should I look at Air Ride Technologies, shockwave air strut, or bags making my own strut such as I have seen in another post.

Also I see that the general consensus is avoid bagit.com, or something similar to that note.

Fabrication is no issue, I have a shop full of tools and I know a good bit about fabrication.

I am not afraid to not use a bolt on kit. So to recap right now I am researching the project and air ride, what companies should I avoid, or really look into, and I do not have a huge budget, but I can put together the parts over some time then build it once I have the vast majority.
    Ameri-Tuner
    Driven to Succeed

Anyone?
    Ameri-Tuner
    Driven to Succeed

Comment

Show some pics of the suspension. I'd go the fabrication route using Airlift universal struts. Email rali@bagriders about the struts you are looking for. He can set you up with everything you need including management. Quality parts and done right the first time.
      Originally posted by Kielan
      I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeCamber View Post
        Show some pics of the suspension. I'd go the fabrication route using Airlift universal struts. Email rali@bagriders about the struts you are looking for. He can set you up with everything you need including management. Quality parts and done right the first time.
        I will post pics of suspension later today or tomorrow.

how is vaair (i think that is how its spelled) for compressors and such, I see a couple people here have used them
        Ameri-Tuner
        Driven to Succeed

Comment

Originally posted by amerituner View Post
          I will post pics of suspension later today or tomorrow.

how is vaair (i think that is how its spelled) for compressors and such, I see a couple people here have used them
          viair is the most popular compressor used for aftermarket air suspension setups...from the minitruck to vw scenes. choose a compressor(s) based on how large of a tank you will run and how much time it will spend running (duty cycle).

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

okay, I see them on eBay, and I know typically avoid eBay for just about everything these days, but are their trusted vendors for them on there.

I will get you all picks of the suspension front and back
            Ameri-Tuner
            Driven to Succeed

Comment

so this is my end goal or close. I am not really into chopping it us too much, but I want it pretty low. I am working on some suspension pics to show you what I am looking for.

So here is a member from my lincoln ls forums ride.

Ameri-Tuner
              Driven to Succeed

Comment

very beautiful!

Comment

yeah, now I just need to get mine to that point, unfortunately he is no longer and active member on my Lincoln forum or I would consult him about what he used to get it there
                  Ameri-Tuner
                  Driven to Succeed

Comment

here are some pics of my cars suspension

Ameri-Tuner
                    Driven to Succeed

Comment

yea, i am familiar with that front suspension. you should be able to use an airlift bellow strut assembly. for the rear, you can use airlift's sleeve strut. they are fabricator kits, but the bottom mounts are very easy to design.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

Working...
                      X