Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 compressors in spare wheel space?

Hello guys,

I'll be running airride under my Audi A3 in a few months.

So today I took some time to figure out how I want it installed. I'm not actually going to work on the system my self, since I drive over 120 km a day so I really need it to be reliable. If I work on itself.. Well, let's just say I have 3 left hands.

Allthough I'm not going to do it myself, I do have some plans about what goes where.

I want 2 fit 2 compressors in the spare wheel space. Then I want to cover it up with a wooden board, wich will be in leather once it's all finished.

My only concern is: if I fit them in the spare wheel space and cover it up, will the compressors generate too much heat? Will a gap somewhere where it's not in sight be enough to get the heat the compressors make out and get fresh/cooler air in?

I don't know if it mathers much, but the spare tire is 18" + tire.. So you guys know about the size of the compartment.

Plz help! I'm a total n00b on airride.

Oh, and don't mind my bad english..
    Check us out @ Facebook: Flatworx

Just build a false floor and mount the compressors on the sides of the boards, and when you are ding that build a mount for the tank to be half exposed through the floor. do your trunk build before the install.

Comment

That's what I mean, a false floor. And the tank wil be half exposed, the other half will be underneath the false floor. What do you mean with mount your compressors on the sides of the board?

Comment

Originally posted by iloow View Post
        That's what I mean, a false floor. And the tank wil be half exposed, the other half will be underneath the false floor. What do you mean with mount your compressors on the sides of the board?
        He probably means mounting the compressors sideways like this:

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

That's what i thought he ment.. But I dont see how this is going to help me not overheat my compressors when I mount a false floor over them..

Comment

Working...
          X