Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Own a BMW? Use REALOEM.com? YOU NEED THIS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Own a BMW? Use REALOEM.com? YOU NEED THIS!

One of the guys at the M5boad has built a very useful script. It embeds a pricing link to several of the more popular parts providers right into realoem.com and bmwfans.info. Very helpful for comparison shopping!

Originally posted by mchang
    Like you, I use RealOEM or BMWFans.info to find the part I need, and then look up the prices on vendor web sites. For me, I use getbmwparts.com. I am not affiliated with them, btw.

Anyways, I wrote this little Greasemonkey script tonight to cross link the part numbers from RealOEM/bmwfans and perform the part search on getbmwparts.com (Tischer BMW), Crown Auto, and BMW Partz Direct. Saves me a couple steps, maybe it'll save you some too.

Feel free to post to other forums. Should really only work on BMWs at the moment. I don't plan on doing others, except maybe for Audis, because I don't have any other cars .

You need to:
    1. install firefox
    2. install greasemonkey
    3. install my script

For those of you that installed this on Oct 24, 2009, please click step #3 above. I wrote a new script (name change) that pulls from bmwfans and realoem.

CHANGELOG:
    1: initial release of new bmwfans/realoem version

Link to the script:

Link to the OP:

my name is andy.

awesome, thanks
    2011 Outback 2.5i 6MT #subarubaru - daily/off-pavement adventure vehicle
    2001 BMW 325i Wagon 6MT #daswagoon - wife's #becauseracewagon
    1996 Suburban 2500 TD #superbbourbon - tow bitch/people hauler

Comment

going to try it out! thanks
      posting over at e46f.com
      Last edited by 00bmw323; 12-13-2009, 12:10 PM.
      -Jorge-

Comment

Very cool! I thought this was a thread saying you just discovered www.realoem.com , I was gonna have to give you a facepalm lol
        1988 Toyota MR2 Supercharged
        Stance:Nation Feature | Build Thread

Comment

Working...
        X