Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade..?

Sup guys,

I'm thinking of trading my GTI VR6 for an E30 or E36.

Anything in particular i should be aware of?

or, should i just keep my car?

Thank you

E30 or e36 with which engine?

Comment

Whichever

Comment

From the looks of s4cr's post, sounds like there is a pretty good difference between the two... I would do the research and make sure you get the one better suited to what you are looking for.

Comment

An e30 with an e36 motor (M5x,S5X). I personally dont have one in my cars but its in the works. If you haven't already, go drive the two and search the e30/e36 sites.

Im a e30 guy for sure. My coupe has been 100% reliable. It will still bark 3rd on a good day. Parts are cheap and plentiful. They still have a classic look and great stanced. Easy to work on. RWD! There are so many resasons for getting an e30 but I wouldn't mind having a e36 M3 sedan.

Comment

the e30 in any form is one of the more direct feelin if not the most direct feeling rwd platform we can afford to mess around with. prevantative maintenance is key.

ive seen early e36's fall apart while moving. ie door panels falling out of place and such.

on an e30 with the inline 6 aka the m20b27(84-86) 325e, seta m20b27(88 325) or m20b25(87-91 325i)
            always do the timing belt and related parts after the initial purchase, unless the is a receipt that proves that it was changed recently.

the rear shock mounts are weak as hell, so upgrade to vert rsms or even e46ones(yes, they fit)

Comment

Gotta love the e30.

I would consider a super clean m3 though, or maybe a 328. Only if I had more money on all of the maintenance items they would need, and if I were at that point I'd be getting a different car.

e30 ftw.

Comment

You should also be aware, that I have an E30, and a serious soft spot for Mk3s Its not in the best condition, but she runs like a champ. If your interested at all, PM me.

Comment

Go e30!! yea they r older, but will always look better than a e36. sorry e36 guys its the truth.

Comment

yeah, unless yours looks like mine.

mine looks like hell, but runs great. diving boards for life, son.

actually its just always dirty because i dont like to wash it. the inside is clean, and im currently putting poly bushings in it. makes it more fun everytime i replace a rubber part, lol.

Canon, Fuji, Mamiya, Minolta + Pentax.

Comment

Im going to see an e30 after work, looks clean from the pictures, but i need to se it in person

Comment

I love e30's. I have a e36 now, its nice on a good day, but I **** it now for some reason (could be that the transmission is going, could be the shitty interior, could be that its automatic, ect...). Im selling it and picking up a e30 to do a s50 swap in it

-Dan

Comment

go with the bmw

Comment

E30.

Easier to maintain, better interior materials, and parts are cheap.
                            The only downside is that you'll have to make your coilovers rather than buy one of the many readily available options for an E36.

Definitely get a plastic bumper one unless you plan on doing the Euro conversion.

-1993 535i/5 NA-T

Comment

If you do go with a E36 make sure:

1) Its not automatic. If it is, run away. They are time bombs.
                              2) Get ready to replace the water pump propeller with a metal one. The plastic one breaks.
                              3) Do a fan delete. The mechanical fan blew up on me twice and put holes in both radiators.

Ask me how I know

-Dan

Comment

Working...
                              X