Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The help private_numero find a new car thread

Not sure if im allowed to do this, but oh well. See how far it goes

So i get off my P plates in about a year and a few months so lately i been playing with thoughts of my next car. So basically this is my first step to finding a new car. With my lack of knowledge regarding performance, this is where i hope the familia would help me out with.

In my head i have a criteria
    - Must be something i couldnt drive on my P plates
    - VIP/looks classy
    - Gonna have fitment most definitely (similiar to the fitment i have now)
    - And most importantly, a car with a motor that has the potential to be work on.
    - Second hand <$50k
    - Must be a late model car

Here are my thoughts
    - g37 skyline coupe
    - Lexus is250/is350
    - Lexus gs350

Yes the list is short, but thats where i thought you fellas could inspire me. I was hoping this thread would create a discussion from the people who know whatsup. Ei, information on engine mods and how would i go about doing such things, pros, cons etc etc. Because i wanna be able to know how to do a certain modification to my next care, before i even have the keys to such car.

With the above being said, ill also start taking offers if anyone is interested in buying the camry. And if you are, Im willing to sell as is and co-operate with future buyer to get the RWC done and then help bring it back to the state it is in today. Modifications and exterior imperfections will be fixed and are still ongoing which will be completed by october this year. Such include slotted brakes all round, leather seats, front and rear bumper respray cause of stupid ass chips and shit, quartz paint protection and front sway bar. So if youre even slightly interested, shoot me a PM and we can discuss.

Thanks in advance
    <3
    Last edited by private_numero; 03-06-2012, 08:48 AM.

why change cars? if the snowplow isnt causing you any problems just keep it and have some fun yo! change up the rims/chuck it on air/ paint it pink with a massif fast and the furious decal on the side (you know you want to unleash the stanced drAgoN! LOL). Albeit i cant say much on this subject as ive probably spent the equivalent of a few house deposits on my past few cars lol but what about saving the dosh and going on a holiday or chuck it on a house yo! (aswell as bagz etc).

Although.. Hypothetically speaking if it was me id go a is250 LOL. Cant go past a reliable jap vip car that also has 114.3 offset ^_^. Damn my big brother lecture lasted all of half a paragraph ><.

PS. At the end of the day, yeah listen to peoples opinions but dont let anyone change your mind if your set on a certain car, its your money and noone else's so do what you want with it. Nothn worse than coulda shoulda woulda's.

Love your favourite strawberry blonde friend<3 (yes my hair is strawberry blonde its a legitimate hair colour dont be hatingz)
    Last edited by cln; 03-06-2012, 09:49 AM.
    - = [ M . I . A | c r e w ] = -
    Originally posted by TRaNz
    Its not bags, its a tank for the car that keeps the inside car cabin pressurized and uv rays down to a minimum so that colins skin doesnt react with the outside uv rays. The tank is conected to a powercore with a special generator separate to the cars system. As so im told, it uses a nuclear substance which has been supplied by Moh. The complex design was created for people with special skin conditions like colin. Id say its a good investment for colin.

Comment

LOL your a funny cunt colin <3
      Dont get my wrong, i love the camry. And ill probably have it for the next 2 years. But I want something where ill get pushed back into my seat when i get off my P plates. As for a house, already covered. Profits from my investments will be buying my next car . And you know me brah, if i listened to what other people said, would i be driving a camry? LMAO. Just using this thread to sort of give me ideas

some homies use scrap books to generate ideas, some create mind maps. Where as i create threads on stanceworks. LOL

Comment

Chaser seems to meet your criteria

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Comment

Out of those few I think the V37 or GS350 would be your best bet. Always thought the most recent IS series look a bit awkward.

Comment

Rob; Love the chasers, but to me theyre too common. Want something unique too.
            Jimmy, interesting bro!

With all that being said,
            someone try educate me on forced induction. Ei What needs to be done to run a reliable turbo that will be run on a car that i drive everyday. Im always amazed how you fellas know how to swap engines or build turbos and know what needs to be done, fixed and how you diagnose problems. Keen to learn. Been following a couple rebuilds with 2 of my mates. Full restore from ground up so i should be learning a fair bit from that over the next 6 months or so.

Comment

you get what you payed for when it comes to modifying a car yo! if you cut corners prepare for head fucks down the line. also check what ecu the tuner you want to use specializes in, makes it easier for both parties lol. lots of other things but basically just whore car forums aimed at your cars type (i started researching info on my car about 1-1.5yrs before i bought it lol.. sau ftw!) oh and if you do buy a turbo car and start modifying it theres no going back lol shit is addictive as fuck.
              - = [ M . I . A | c r e w ] = -
              Its not bags, its a tank for the car that keeps the inside car cabin pressurized and uv rays down to a minimum so that colins skin doesnt react with the outside uv rays. The tank is conected to a powercore with a special generator separate to the cars system. As so im told, it uses a nuclear substance which has been supplied by Moh. The complex design was created for people with special skin conditions like colin. Id say its a good investment for colin.

Comment

Originally posted by private_numero View Post
                Here are my thoughts
                - g37 skyline coupe
                - Lexus is250/is350
                - Lexus gs350
                I would have thought you could drive all those cars when you're on your P's..?

Besides the G37 Skyline..?

Either way, I'd go a Toyota Chaser (Turbo = you can drive when you're off your P's)

Can make it the VIP look but it's not much of a late model car, it's at least 10+ years old.

Or I'd go the G35.

They look tough as stanced and up there with the VIP look.

Comment

E46 M3's are coming down in price.

Comment

Look Into toyota mark x's, a good mate is currently currently going through the process of importing one
                    Into aus through ironchefimports.
                    03' Toyota Crown Athlete V Premium

getout.

Comment

50k budget? Definitely R34 GTR reece, or your dream car ISF, prices should come down a bit in the next year or 2

Comment

Toyota Camry
                        Toyota Aurion.
                        S I N G L E | W O R K S - Loneliness is a Lifestyle

Comment

g37 yeh yeh
                          sigpic

Comment

g37 so freking sexy. if i had the money would totally get one. plus they are not common
                            Originally posted by Smeeeb
                            Iloveitslammedinmyarse if I remember correctly.

Comment

hmmm skyline 370gt at SSV atm for 41k
                              03' Toyota Crown Athlete V Premium

getout.

Comment

Working...
                              X