Paddle Valve Speed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paddle Valve Speed?

So basicly I'm looking into buying a bag setup for my E30, I want to avoid cheap kits like airbagit.com etc.. Which means I'm limited to paddle valve manual setups. My question is how slow are paddle valve setups? The kit I'm looking has 1/4" paddle valves and 1/4" line. Sorry if this is a really stupid question I'm new to all this stuff

They're not really really slow, but it does take like 20 seconds to go full up on my friends car, and about 15 for full down.

Personally I wouldn't get them and spend the little bit more and get cheap manual switches.
    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

^That timing is about right, maybe a little quicker in my light truck. The biggest pain is routing the air line which doesn't bend very tight. If you have the space they work just fine in my opinion. I don't mess with them when I drive, just use them for airing out when parked. Simple system.

Comment

Ah ok, does this speed seem about right?
        [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOVfFxWyVpU"]S10 on manual valves - YouTube[/ame]

Trying to get my head round when and where I could use it

Comment

Originally posted by Adam. View Post

eh yeah about right, my friends car had paddles and it was a little faster then that going up and down.

Comment

S10 on manual valves - YouTube

About the same speed as my friend's car.
            - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

One thing about manual valves you don't have to worry about is they are less likely to leak air over night so for a daily driver its just hop in and go. plus they are protected from the elements on the inside of your car.
              killasnapshot

Comment

Awesome, think I'm gonna go for a manual setup. Although its slower it will save me a lot of money and do essentially the same job anyway.

One last question: How hard is it to install yourself?
                Last edited by Adam.; 03-04-2012, 05:31 AM.

Comment

They are not that hard to install you just have to run air lines inside the car which in many cases means taking out your carpets. Also the trick is finding a creative place to the valves so they are easily accessible and don't look stupid. In my car I just put them where the ash tray used to be in my center console.

-Aron
                  "Living life a quarter turn at a time"

Comment

I figured that would be the case, I was more worried about actually setting up the compressor and pressure switch etc.. I'm not brilliant with electronics

Comment

It's not that hard really. Here is a diagram for you.

-Aron

Comment

The only thing I don't agree with in that diagram is the 70A switch, that seems way too high.

-Aron

Comment

Stupid question here, what's the box part?

Comment

Stupid question here, what's the box part?
                            That's a relay.lol
                            Originally posted by Kielan
                            I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

Mine seems a bit quicker as well but right in the ball park. I used a Viair 10002 on board air system. Got it for $200 and it has the 275C compressor and 2 gallon tank and relays, filters, line and fittings. I had never set one up before and figured it out. I can lift the whole truck slightly more than once before the compressor kicks in. I don't even have gauges. Nice and simple and works well. I just have front and back. Got my paddles on eBay.

Comment

Working...
                              X