Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No work safe content #trolololol

Sup fellas.

Some of you may or may not have heard about the stupidity going on with the health care system here in victoria which directly influence nurses. Some of you also may or may not know that I am also a nurse myself.

Im sure you all have a loved one thats been in hospital and have been surprised with the level of care they had received from such nurses like myself. Patients are at risk if our stupid premier increases patient ratios. I myself find every 8hr shift a challenging shift trying to find time to do all the care for my patients. Some days i go 6-7 hours without a toilet or lunch/dinner break due to the amount of care that is needed with some patients. If he increases our ratios, we cant care for our patients as much as we would like to thus neglecting the health care needs of your loved ones putting them at risk.

Anyway, would mean a lot to me if SW Australia could just take 2 seconds out of their day/night and sign the petition please! Just click the link below

Thanks homies!

doneski. overloading you guys just asks for mistakes to be made, or things to be missed, donotwant

Comment

signnnnnnned.

Comment

thanks for the support guys! <3

Comment

Signed, S|W rep.

Comment

Siiiiggneed

Comment

wadduppppp. Thanks jimmy <3

Comment

Originally posted by private_numero View Post
                Sup fellas.

Some of you may or may not have heard about the stupidity going on with the health care system here in victoria which directly influence nurses. Some of you also may or may not know that I am also a nurse myself.

Im sure you all have a loved one thats been in hospital and have been surprised with the level of care they had received from such nurses like myself. Patients are at risk if our stupid premier increases patient ratios. I myself find every 8hr shift a challenging shift trying to find time to do all the care for my patients. Some days i go 6-7 hours without a toilet or lunch/dinner break due to the amount of care that is needed with some patients. If he increases our ratios, we cant care for our patients as much as we would like to thus neglecting the health care needs of your loved ones putting them at risk.

Anyway, would mean a lot to me if SW Australia could just take 2 seconds out of their day/night and sign the petition please! Just click the link below

Thanks homies!
                I too like Reece is a nurse and am disgusted at the Ballieu government and their unwillingness to sit down to negotiate and instead keep on saying they'll talk when really they have no intention what so ever. Although it may not have been said and made clear enough, I'll make it clear here that even without nurses striking, the government themselves have already put many patients lives at risk by closing hospital beds etc etc etc by themselves well before the nursing dispute has risen. Fact is, the government and the media are portraying nurses as heartless professionals using patients as pawns to reach a bargaining agreement when in actual fact we are not doing anything different to what the government has already been doing! It's already hard enough for those who work in both public and private sector and that Victorian nurses are already the lowest paid compared to the rest of Australia. If this ridiculous change in patient ratios and unlimited split shifts gets passed, then it'll most likely reverberate into the private sector who will most likely follow suit to save a few dollars for the sake of profit
                I've been a nurse since 2005 and already i'm tired of the continual charade. Mindless countless comments made by the public especially those on the Heraldsun website stating "if nurses don't like it then leave" or "get rid of the greedy nurses with international ones who will happily replace you"...and lastly the "if you're so unhappy with the job and pay then why don't you just leave and do something else" well guess what, this nurse is sick of being undervalued, recognised, abused and under paid and retraining so he can leave the profession for something better with more respect.

I too have contributed to the poll. Would be awesome if everyone else in the Stanceworks familia lends a helping hand.
                Last edited by Cruizin; 03-02-2012, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Its funny, i think the people who make such negative comments about our workforce and this issue are the individuals who themselves have never been in hospital or have had a loved one in hospital. Because there is no way that individuals in society can be so ignorant to what we do everyday.

Comment

done broski

Comment

<3 cheers lukey!

Comment

Working...
                      X