Corsa Clones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corsa Clones

Got these off ssclones (just google that). 3" inlet 3.5" dual outlet.

Really like the way it finishes off the catback. The guys at the exhaust shop were pretty impressed with the tips along with the low cost. They tuck up there pretty well. Not a quantifiable difference in sound, so I'm not gonna say if it helps in that area or not.

Nice and easy to clean too

2000 V6 Firebird
    • H/C/I • Full exhaust • Strano HP7 w/Konis • Watts Link • GTO T-56 •
    sigpic

Got anymore shots or info on the car? Havent seen one of these on S/W before, but I do like the 4.3 v6 (if thats what you have)
    | 92 Corolla AE92 | HKS SMF, Testpipe, Hyperco/Tokico/GC | Houston, TX | 86Garage |

Comment

3.8 V6

It's got a long, long mod list. Here's a link to what I have on my setup: LINK

Most interesting is the wheels. They're Speedline Mistral 6's. As far as I know, I'm the only one in the US with a set, who knows about over in the EU. I love them as they look somewhat OEM and yet to the knowledgeable and discerning eye, they aren't.

2000 V6 Firebird
      sigpic

Comment

Are you going to lower it?
        | 92 Corolla AE92 | HKS SMF, Testpipe, Hyperco/Tokico/GC | Houston, TX | 86Garage |

Comment

I'm working on getting some Strano performance springs which are only 1.5" drop. I have adjustable front coilovers right now but they're more for drag strip duty. I wont lower it any further as our roads here are horrid (2" lip in the intersections where there are rain gutters for instance). I'm a function over form guy. If I lower it too much I'll destroy my $700 stainless longtube headers and that's just not gonna cut it lol!
          2000 V6 Firebird
          sigpic

Comment

skid plate and drop that shit when things get banged up fix'm. I hear you loud and clear on the ruff roads coming from Montana and now living in Thailand!
            Brewed Motorsports

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Db6pu...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FN5sy0nlecE

Comment

Lol this is a website about slamming the fuck out of your car mostly but I see where you're coming from with the headers. Just get a roll pan or find a way to tuck your exhaust.

Comment

Haha, exhaust won't tuck with the headers. The way this car is designed, there's a lot of cross bracing to help aid in rigidity due to it having t-tops. The headers have to work over one of the braces as well.

Whenever I go turbocharged, it'll probably get a little lower, but not much. Still need a good level of sweep on the suspension since I have a solid rear axle and all that fun stuff.
                2000 V6 Firebird
                sigpic

Comment

No excuses! Do eet!

Comment

^Ground effects my friend. Without them, he'd still look close to "4x4" by some people's standards on here

Main reason I joined here and another wheels forum was to find more information on the wheels I'd bought and try to figure out potential value along with production #s. Nobody really knows, not even speedline themselves as they don't have their old records. So maybe I've got the only set left, but I will continue to drive around with them on hehe.

I'll be running some sport springs soon that will bring the rear down just a little bit more whilst not sacrificing good suspension geometry.

Case in point, Formula/Firebird body style minus the ground effects package but similar springs:
                    Last edited by WarShrike; 03-23-2012, 09:43 PM.
                    2000 V6 Firebird
                    sigpic

Comment

Fuck suspension geometry, you're only going in a straight line :p

(I used to own a 350hp f150 so I can make these jokes haha)

Comment

^Lol!

It's all good.
                        2000 V6 Firebird
                        sigpic

Comment

What are you putting down? (sorry if you
                          Mentioned it before I'm drunk >.> )

Comment

196whp/196tq through an unlocked 3800rpm stall. Moving to a T-56 (using an adapter and doing the swap) and will do a good dyno tune again afterwards. I dyno'd in the 160s before the engine build with longtubes and full exhaust on a stock trans. Which hilariously enough was still ~20whp more than a stock V6 car that was there.

I think it is gonna be around 220whp, but I didn't build this engine for power. It's just to get it a little more efficient and give myself an opportunity to learn things on engine building.
                            2000 V6 Firebird
                            sigpic

Comment

You can always go lower

I think SLP makes a rectangular exhaust that won't hang too low (I don't know for sure though - I'm running Kooks headers and exhaust). I have Ground Control coilovers in the front and Eibach ERS springs in the rear. I removed the coilover kit in the rear to lower it an additional inch. The Spohn tunnel brace scrapes everywhere but I guess it's doing it's job then - protecting the driveshaft! I plan to order shorter rear springs from Ground Control so I can lower it further with the coilover kit in place.

[IMG]Photobucket[/IMG]
                              Last edited by vinhvle; 03-27-2012, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X