This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airlift Autopilot controller placement ideas

Hey guys, just posting for ideas on how I should do this...I have a mk1 Audi TT that I'm installing air ride on and I'm trying to figure out my controller placement. I picked up a used autopilot V1 setup, but there is next to no room in the car to place the controller.

This is what I have to work with...pathetic lol

After deliberation, I decided to try to mount it in place of the ash tray. Unfortunately, however, the controller will stick down farther than the console area, so I'll have to make it look as best I can.

I'm thinking of molding it in like this.

What do you recommend I use to do this? A very thick piece of plastic and then cut to fit and mold the controller in? That's the only thing I can think of at this point...TIA for ideas and help

What about the door on driver`s side?Any space there?

Comment

No, there isn't. I racked my brain trying to come up with an idea...there's really no other good spot I can think of. At this point I think the removing the ashtray and making a piece to replace it, is my best option...just not sure what products I should use to do it

Comment

I really like the overhead console idea!

Lower than you......http://www.airliftperformance.com/

Comment

If I had an overhead console I'd totally do that! I guess I didn't really specify properly that that picture was mainly to show how I'd mold it, not the placement.

Comment

Drew did that controller molding for me. I'm sure he can come up with something for you.

Comment

Will it fit width wise under your ebrake in the change dish thing? That's where I would go and mold a flat panel.

Comment

Working...
              X