Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Front Struts?

Hey all!

I'm after some custom front air struts. Are there any places in Australia that would do such a thing?

Unfortunately my bugs front end has a three bolt front strut bolt pattern compared to the "normal" two bolt strut. This is making it a lot difficult than I thought it would be to find some air struts for her.

Any help would be great!
    IG: @sebastienaudeon
    1974 Porsche 911S

Originally posted by TRaNz
    *pats Sebs head*
    there there.
    keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

to be honest its going to be pretty difficult dude... We could do them here but you would be looking ar around $2k for the pair... It would get pretty exxy.
    Originally posted by anth
    Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

I'm taking a look into what it would take to convert the beetle's front end to a two bolt front strut setup. Then, it shouldn't be too difficult to buy anything...

The hardest part will be getting the rear of the bug lying on the floor. Could mean a 1 inch engine and gearbox lift or maybe even two inches...

Lots of stuff to do, but need to get the perfect offset for the lip of the wheel to be sitting flush with the guard lip. Some stretched tires will mean the guard should be able to be mm's off of the lip.
      IG: @sebastienaudeon
      1974 Porsche 911S

Originally posted by TRaNz
      *pats Sebs head*
      there there.
      keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

Comment

Working...
      X