Tire for slamming and carving canyon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire for slamming and carving canyon

Well fellas I have one small question I want to ask seeing as I'm going to be ordering my new wheels pretty soon. I've decided on a set that are 16x7 with a 42 offset. The problem I'm
    Having is which tire do I go with? I want to be able to slam my 99 integra it to the ground probably having it 2 inches from the ground. and have no rub when going through the corners in the canyon at a high speed.Im thinking about going with nitto neo gens size 205-40-16 which have amazing grip and are all seasonal. But I'm still debating so help me out here. Thanks

Not sure if troll....

Comment

You won't get full lock and no rub with your car at the height, no way.

I had an 00 Integra 195/50/15s on it, and I got to about 3/4 turn and then it rubbed like hell.
      - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Originally posted by Kielan View Post
        You won't get full lock and no rub with your car at the height, no way.

I had an 00 Integra 195/50/15s on it, and I got to about 3/4 turn and then it rubbed like hell.
        What tires would u suggest? I just want to go as low as I can and still be able to go up and down the canyon with no rub.

Comment

Originally posted by SupaSonic View Post
          What tires would u suggest? I just want to go as low as I can and still be able to go up and down the canyon with no rub.
          Air it out... then you can go super low and still be able to carve some canyons.

Follow Me On Instagram! @jvc8790 #jvcphotography

Comment

Originally posted by SupaSonic View Post
            Don't slam it.
            - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

When you're driving fast, you'll never hit full lock. There's your answer. I don't know offsets and such on Integras, I just know that when driving fast you usually have hardly any steering angle.

Comment

I don't think slamming down to 2 inches clearance and carving canyons can go hand in hand. You either run a good suspension setup that stiffens it and drops around an inch or two from stock, or you slam it for the low and slow times.

1983 528e, 230,xxx miles, Alpine weiss. M20B25 swapped
                my tumblr.
                What the f**k is a build thread?

Comment

I think it can be done. It just takes way more time, dedication and money to make it happen. I'm trying to do really low with good handling on my car too, and it's definitely much more work than just slamming it.

Comment

Well thanks guys. I think everytime it's time to carve the canyon I'll just raise the car :P

Comment

I have an Integra that's about 2 inches from the ground. And as someone stated if you want to go "canyon carving".... DON'T SLAM IT!

Even if you have a decent suspension setup. Driving that low is going to have your tire very close to the inner fender well (if you still have yours in). And yes, as someone stated you don't go full lock at high speeds. But if you go around any "good" turn as you will a lot if you are "canyon carving" then what will happen in a turn is that the suspension will compress from the weight shifting and the outside front tire will rub on SOMETHING being that low. Fender or frame rail.

How will you know? If you don't feel it.... well, you will smell burnt rubber or plastic upon exiting the turn.

Ask me how I know.
                      DEL SOL BUILD THREAD
                      E28 BUILD THREAD

I am.... SICKWITHTHEPEN

Comment

your gonna wanna run these
                        BUSTER!
                        Low Standards
                        Seffer on the Stanceworks
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...