This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V2 autopilot

Hey, I was wondering if anyone is running the v2 autopilot kit from airlift and how they like it?
    I'm getting ready to order it and was just seeing if I could get some insight. TIA

Also, It will be going on this beater....

i have it and so far its great! no issues love all the presets. easy to use too

Comment

i have it, its nice
      Hi!

Comment

It is an awesome set up, you will not be disappointed!

Lower than you......http://www.airliftperformance.com/

Comment

What changes we're made? I was excited to see the product when it came out but haven't heard much about it.

Comment

Doooo ittttt Travis! I got the V1, but haven't installed anything yet. V2 looks to be far superior

Comment

I've not seen anything anywhere in regards to the V2's ability to maintain a level stance when changing the loads in the car. Can anyone who's got the system speak to this? For instance, lets say that I'm sitting at ride height, with just me in the driver's seat. Then my wife gets into the front passenger seat and her sister in rear passenger side. How does the system handle the weight change, or would I have to increase/decrease the pressure in the passenger side bags to level out again? And if one would have to manually increase/decrease the the pressure, how do you know that you're level again? Is it just a guesstimation?
              ”VDUBkill 2:14 – The path of 2.0T is beset on all sides by the injustice of the speedtrap and the Plague of the Prius drivers. But blessed is he who in the name of disparity overwhelmeth the exotic in the valley of the s-bends. And I shall strike down upon thee with great revs and furious acceleration those who attempt to obstruct or delay my overtaking and you will know my engine is turbocharged when I lay my powerband upon thee.”

Comment

seppdelaney, I was actually waiting for this proof for a couple of weeks.

Then I decided to buy a REAL leveling system. The V2 cannot adjust itself for added weight. The only thing it will do is drop itself lower if you had it in ride monitor mode trying to compensate for the higher pressure due to more passengers. It's just a switchbox with an LCD. I will have my install finished up on my Mk4 GTI to be more pleasing to the eye in a few days. I throw up pics of my height sensor install.

Do yourself a favor and wait till Air Lift actually puts out proof that there system works in real world situation, or take an extra 3-4 days worth of pay and buy something that has proof of working the the E-Level. I know it might be a little tougher to install the height sensors, but if you are mechanically inclined you got it. I can't see wasting money on something that can't prove it's own worth. Sorry If I'm bitter, I just waited and waited for a real answer and it was never supplied. Just poor videos with intermissions of probably trying to fix something that broke.

Comment

Originally posted by mike.snipe View Post
                  seppdelaney, I was actually waiting for this proof for a couple of weeks.

Then I decided to buy a REAL leveling system. The V2 cannot adjust itself for added weight. The only thing it will do is drop itself lower if you had it in ride monitor mode trying to compensate for the higher pressure due to more passengers. It's just a switchbox with an LCD. I will have my install finished up on my Mk4 GTI to be more pleasing to the eye in a few days. I throw up pics of my height sensor install.

Do yourself a favor and wait till Air Lift actually puts out proof that there system works in real world situation, or take an extra 3-4 days worth of pay and buy something that has proof of working the the E-Level. I know it might be a little tougher to install the height sensors, but if you are mechanically inclined you got it. I can't see wasting money on something that can't prove it's own worth. Sorry If I'm bitter, I just waited and waited for a real answer and it was never supplied. Just poor videos with intermissions of probably trying to fix something that broke.
                  If you cant figure out how to add a few psi for extra weight then you shouldn't have air. Dont trash air lift because it doesn't have a feature you want.

E-level is a pain in the ass to install and doesn't tell you psi in your bags(which is a deal breaker for me) but it does the thinking for you which is attractive to some. you wont be doing the installing so you probably wont care either way but those levelers are a pain in the ass to install and if you go too high you can over extend them. just one more thing to go wrong, hell i would take a V1 over any elevel any day

if you rather have accuair then that's fine but don't talk negatively about airlift, they have proven themselves over and over again in every application possible. you are probably on airlift struts too
                  Last edited by Jesus Christ; 02-17-2012, 07:59 PM.

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Bickering isn't answering my question. Jesus, you sound as though you have some input in this. Can you address my questions? I don't have air but I'm 1/3 of the way there in savings, so I've got some time. Obviously, since airlift is the biggest name in bag set ups, they're doing something right. I just want to understand how one would correct the psi and know that it's done evenly.
                    ”VDUBkill 2:14 – The path of 2.0T is beset on all sides by the injustice of the speedtrap and the Plague of the Prius drivers. But blessed is he who in the name of disparity overwhelmeth the exotic in the valley of the s-bends. And I shall strike down upon thee with great revs and furious acceleration those who attempt to obstruct or delay my overtaking and you will know my engine is turbocharged when I lay my powerband upon thee.”

Comment

Originally posted by seppdelaney View Post
                      Bickering isn't answering my question. Jesus, you sound as though you have some input in this. Can you address my questions? I don't have air but I'm 1/3 of the way there in savings, so I've got some time. Obviously, since airlift is the biggest name in bag set ups, they're doing something right. I just want to understand how one would correct the psi and know that it's done evenly.
                      i wasn't trying answering your question

im the kind of person that likes to input everything and id rather not have a computer do my thinking. ive never even thought about what i do to level the car to be honest because its so easy and self explanatory that its second nature. if 3 people jump in the back and it lowers the rear i just add pressure evenly to the 2 rear bags (ie not 15 psi to one side and 35 to the other) just add air until youre good. even if its just one person, just add a few psi evenly and you wont have one side tucking and gap on the other. i know thats what you are worried about.

its really super simple to use, V2 is cheaper, works just as well unless you cant extend your arm and tap a button twice to manually adjust and doesn't have pain in the ass levelers to install.

not to say accuair isnt awesome, they are. they have a system that doesnt use the levelers, id go with that cause it still includes the fancy controller (which is admittedly nicer than the any airlift stuff) but even then, its still more expensive for essentially the same thing

i will also add its easier to mess around "hitting switches" with Easy street
                      Last edited by Jesus Christ; 02-17-2012, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Sepp,
                        V2
                        If you are down to program a few random pressures you could def jump in the car or have somone do it for you and measure your corner heights and set pressures. Add a passenger, remeasure and write down pressure heights, and again and again till your cars full. Then add weight to your trunk etc... There are 8 presets to use with the V2. But also remember if it doesn't hit it's target height like if you were parked weird or anything you will have to hit the preset again.

E-Level
                        If you like to drive a properly aligned vehicle at all times go E-Level. There are some articles on the internet about cross loading your suspension you might want to check out also before your purchase. Grassroots Racing has the best article I've read. If you like to drive as spirited as I do and occasional autocross or track day I think you'd be happier with the E-level. The thing about the accuair product is it's within an 1/8th of an inch on either of the 3 settings. I'd like to see the V2 do that in the form of a video on the pavement. I for one don't think it is even possible. I understand that the height sensors are a little tougher to install but I think the end product will make you much happier.

Sorry Jesus,

I don't mean to ruffle your feathers and I realize it can be a pita for some to install the sensors. I'm not putting down air lift struts. I run them and love them. I just haven't seen any proof of the V2 actually doing it's thing.

I like gauges too. Added things to look at while I drive is always a plus. I had a S-10 that laid frame and it had sweet clear acrylic 10 switch switchbox that I loved and the eventually the V1. Now that I'm all growed up I enjoy the finer things in life and being a fab guy messing with everyone else's sh!t for years has lead me to the light. I don't play with my gti like I ever did with my dime, but I truly doubt just messing with the individual corners is easier with the V2 than the Touchpad.

The biggest thing is letting my girl drive the car if it's needed since it has happened before. She wasn't pleased with the S-10 and the switchbox or when I converted it over to the V1. I just see the V2 as a switchbox with numbers on it, and think the V1 is was way better at flippin switches than the V2 could ever be. I was at SEMA. I did F!CK with it and I still don't believe in it.

When I get proof from the company or some end user's putting it through a real world test aside of the "It's cool I drop my car till it rubs and tap it up till it stops for ride height" crap I might change my mind.

And for those who can't figure out how to correctly mount sensors try a little harder next time. You know there is a fulcrum and I'm sure you all know how a lever works. Apply that to your car it's that easy. I'm guessing no one really reads the manual and throw the leveler on while the cars at full droop and probably never cycle the suspension all the way.

Again Jesus not doggin the Air Lift bags. Just the fact that they aren't in the management game like Accuair. I'm down to help and play dad as much as the next guy. I just wouldn't call a product that's not proven a working thing.

Comment

Now this I'm subscribed to... If you were on the Vortex much you all would know me as JesseAirLiftCompany. I left Air Lift.

Now I am working for AccuAir. I know both products like the back of my hand, and I'm sure I've installed more bags than anyone person on this site. I'm down to see where this Jesus and Mike go with this.

Jesse Jenson

Comment

No feathers ruffled, i start cursing when my feathers are ruffled

Tha'ts very good info. can't say i disagree with anything on a factual level so its a matter of preference. elevel is more advanced, it does more and there is no denying that. the reason why you like it is the reason why i dislike it. You're making adjusting the presets on the easy street sound like water boarding i was cool with the 3 presets on the v1 honestly. slammed, NYC/unknown roads and people in the car. that honestly covered 99% of situations as long as you tap a button or 2 to adjust to the specific circumstance. i would rather deal with that then deal with the levelers but that is a preference. i also 100% understand that for a person used to stock cars it isnt the easiest thing in the world but its certainly the easiest thing after youve had it explained to you once but 90% of people who understand the concept of air can work it first try.

If i had say a new lexus or any new big body car or even a all out show car i would go with accuair. its looks classier, and the controller is pretty awesome and wont look out of place like v2 would in a luxury interior. plus the accuair iphone control stuff is great but all that comes with a price. for a VW, old BMW, VOLVO, even g35's and everything similar i dont see the need for such a system but once again thats a preference. in that same thought, if i buy a car that i know im not keeping forever then i dont want to modify anything that will be noticed by the 43 year old guy who buys it after im done. you might have noticed i dont like those levelers haha. i know its not difficult to install to me or you but be honest, its not exactly easy if you havent done a air set up before and just open the box to those things.. i wont ever be sold on the whole pivoting leveler, there is so much room for error for such a minimal feature.

I own a static suspension company so i dont think air ride and autoX in the same thought. i know some people do it with moderate success but cmon, lets not try and use that as a selling point. as long as the valves hold the pressure in the lines, every management will perform the same, even manual valves. the only accuair advantage is saving 30 seconds in that scenario.

Take my opinion for what its worth, if anyone asks me to build them a set up and im going with electric asco's, needle gauges and a switchbox or some window switches because of simplicity and efficiency (the same reason i like static)

This was a good talk that might help somebody on the fence.
                            Last edited by Jesus Christ; 02-18-2012, 12:16 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the input on this, guys. Good input from the both of you on this, and I see from where both sides are coming. Its good to have a good understanding of both systems and how they operate-- both have their pros and cons. At this point, I'm still saving and researching. The one thing about the e-level system that troubles me is the height sensors, but that's because I'm not a mechanic and have no experience with replacing a suspension. I am going to install whatever system I get myself, with a buddy of mine who's a mechanic (so we have access to a lift, and so I don't screw anything up). I can't think the E-level would be too difficult for him. I have been allowed by the wife one year to do anything I want with my car (no questions asked, no bitching about the costs attributed, etc) before we start saving for a long trip to Europe and planning for children, and when it comes down to a choice like this, I want the best bang for my buck (but I'm willing to spend a bit more to be certain that I'm happy in the long run).
                              I will post up some shots (and maybe a build thread on Vortex) once I start the install.
                              I'm just excited to lay frame this coming spring!

Comment

Working...
                              X