Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secrets Revealed: Lights

I just cant hold this in any longer..

So im not revealing my car til spring time, im taking care of maintainence first while i have bumpers(secret coming)/coils/trim(secret coming)/ fun stuff all waiting in my room to be put on. I may wait out the winter, idk yet...either way.. This is my light concept i will be building this week/ however long it takes. It will be a prototype for a while until i am fully satisfied to run it..

Not too many know the idea behind my build, but ill admit its going with a theme of a 'Modern, yet Vintage Rat/Hot Rod BMW.' I will say no more...

Quick ebay pic, quick shop...

It will be built in the mesh portion of the M bumper, and will either replace the mesh or sit behind it to be somewhat hidden during the day, i havent figured this part out yet... But it will be built from these:

These LEDs come in various lengths, so ill decide later how im going to build it. Itll either be bending the strip into a zig-zag shape and using a few strips, or making like a "sheet" of strips and painting over LEDs that arent in use... Either way, still have to figure it out. As soon as the LEDs come in i start building!

Ill be running about a 6000k Headlight setup/AEs so the LEDs will be ordered in a few different colors until i find ones that match. Also im not sure if that exact configuration of the teeth will be the final product or not..

Ill be keeping this thread up as a mini build to my whole build. ill be doing alot of custom work, mainly lighting, so im keeping a "Lighting Build Thread" Ill be adding the interior and exterior work to this thread.

Ill reveal the rest of the build of the car in another thread. But the 'secrets' are all custom, and I will have write-ups/teasers to them as they come.

I know this isnt everyones taste, im just doing my own thing.

STAY TUNED

-Jon

to be honest, I'm not diggin it, might look better in execution, but for now I'm not in love....
    iiililillillliliil
    bar|society

Comment

these LEDs are cheap so im doing it until its right. i absolutely am set on this, so theres no way its not happening, and im super ocd, and a perfectionist, so itll be legit. i hope my execution will change your mind stay tuned to find out

Comment

Working...
      X