Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New To Stance....

Right!

So I have recently discovered the world that is Stance and am keen to get stuck in.

Currently I own a Mazda GTR which I have always wanted to stance out, even before I knew what Stance was... I never did as to do so would kind have defeated the point in such a car that is speed and handling, regardless... I would have loved to have slammed it on 16's, adjustables and cambered the f*** outta it made it look real staunch... but as it's a ridiculously $$ car to drive given its tuning and the fact it's now a daily its on its way out for something a little less... rice.

So this is my next venture... and tbh I am very very new to the world of Euro's. Initially I was looking at a 91 Jetta.. already stanced out but it was a little on the rich side... price wise and so am looking to start fresh with this MK2 golf...

She's pretty standy at the mo and wanting some ideas as to where to start! There are a lot of these to use as precedents... but maybe from someone who has one and knows what to look for and the first things I should look to do...

I have come across some JOM coilovers on ebay which have received impressive reviews... despite their affordability... so Im thinking to start there... get her low... followed by some dished 15 or 16's... stretched rubber and a few cosmetic additions, griller, eyelids etc.

Sorry to post this in you Aussies thread... but it seems like always the creaters of this site overlooked the skidmark that is NZ.

T

RS's and cut springs, with rolled fenders and some 15mm spacers should have you set

Comment

nice Mk2 man, you've got some P-slots(aka P-sluts) on it, they are getting harder to find, so don't sell them wheels lol
      Drinking Enthusiast with a Car Problem

Comment

Originally posted by 180roman View Post
        nice Mk2 man, you've got some P-slots(aka P-sluts) on it, they are getting harder to find, so don't sell them wheels lol
        this.

Comment

Originally posted by 180roman View Post
          Thanks for that bro, I have no idea anything about those wheels... not really my kinda style though, although I will look to hold onto them should I wana put them on the car later..

Really not interested in cutting anything. If Im gonna do something I wana do it legally and properly hence the adjusties... wheels spacers are no drama as I can get them certed with the adjusties... but why not just get a greater of set mag instead of spacers? Any reason?

Apparently the car comes with some kind of flares... I have no idea what sort I just assume they are some kind of clip ons...

I also wana look into getting a set of bbs lm's or somthing similar with a bit of a dish, slightly stretched tyres and some MK3 gti seats... think it's be a pretty sweet cruiser then...

Are there any kinds of rear bumper enhancements you can do to this style MK2 without going to a fat bumper?

Thanks for the info guys.

Comment

What do you think about these... 15's and dished...

or

Comment

No...
              Originally posted by anth
              Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

YOU MEAN THESE ?

Comment

Originally posted by vishes View Post
                  YOU MEAN THESE ?

Hmmm they are pretty sweet...

Comment

Coz they're genuine.

Comment

Coz they're genuine.
                      Sure, I never even knew they were a replica wheel...
                      Just called DTM old schools

Comment

you mean these ?

rofllll

Comment

DTM Oldschool with OG Axis centercaps hahaha...

If you like the style, buy the work equips.
                          Originally posted by anth
                          Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

Coz they're genuine.
                            +1

Comment

get some coils. more money better quality in general. FK's are pretty good for the money, but if the budget only allows for something cheap, then JOM's aren't too bad.

if you're going to stick with the small bumpers, stick with some 15" wheels. ie 15x8, 15x8.5". 16's can work, but the 15's will work better.

If you go arches (and the side skirts) you might be able to pull 16's, but generally 16's look better on big bumpers.

so: get coils, phat 15's, single light grill, and you're set. Don't need a thing more.

Comment

Working...
                              X