Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stanced Magazine.... Seriously?

What is this world coming to?

Im sure some of you would have seen it and bought a copy, but are they fucking serious? EMG, who own majority of the automotive magazines being published, LOVE trying to cash in on scenes. They are the same company as Bagged minitrucking magazine, along with hpi, and just put old articles into different covers.

The thing that frustrates the fuck out of me is that nothing we do to our cars is seen by the public and law enforcement to be legitimate. So why Publicly Publish it? I remember when they came into this forum a year or two ago proposing the idea, and I said exactly this....

Now, I almost guarentee there will be an influx of civics on OG Axis and pulsars on XXR's.. Brace yourselves people, trend hoppers will no doubt be crashing our meets 100% until the next big fad is to come along and EMG make a magazine about it. I guess im going to have to get used to the fact that police will now take a lot more notice of our cars and what we do...

Dispite my use of rage faces making this seem somewhat comical, They actually express how I feel about this topic. Soon will be the day where we get pulled over and police will actually know their shit about wheel fitment. Soon will be the day where we will no longer be able to have our cars as they are. The biggest thing that actually makes me mad is these cunts are sitting back and watching all the fucking idiots buy this magazine and counting the cash roll in, with no regard to the community within the 'scene'.

If any of you think I am wrong in saying what Im saying, thats fine, so be it. Hell you may aswell try and get a feature in the magazine and enjoy the shortlived fame. Aslong as you are happy to hop on over to the next trend, good luck to you.

Its a dark day for us.

Originally posted by anth
    Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

If I see it I will be sure to Hide That Shit under piles of boring newspapers.
    Outrage.

Originally posted by Jersh
    RT changes lives.

Comment

I doubt you will, Its an Australian company, so it would be rare for it to go international...

Comment

Originally posted by Oxer View Post
        I doubt you will, Its an Australian company, so it would be rare for it to go international...
        or anything similar then!

Originally posted by Jersh
        RT changes lives.

Comment

Interesting perspective

Comment

going to newsagents later and buying every copy to burn.....after reading it
            Originally posted by Smeeeb
            Iloveitslammedinmyarse if I remember correctly.

Comment

What is this world coming to?

Brace yourselves people, trend hoppers will no doubt be crashing our meets 100% until the next big fad is to come along and EMG make a magazine about it. I guess im going to have to get used to the fact that police will now take a lot more notice of our cars and what we do...
              This, This I don't like the most...

Meet/Cruise crashers that will ofcourse have an urge to "Show Off" An do a burnout, Thinking it is the "Thing"... The ones that will abbuse the right of stickers an the effect of sticker-bombing. The reasons behind a lot of styles related with this scene will become slaughtered.

There is something we can actually be glad of, 95% of Aussies don't understand fitment or offset. So it'll be like kids buying Drift magazines or when you grab the ol' nudie mag. Rub one out an throw it awa an sometimes put the Calendar on your wall.

Police, Well. They've been clue'ing on for a while now about fitment. The appeal we still have is none of us have the need to Drive fast or Do a burnout with our rides. We love being able to "Roll Hard" so to say. An enjoy cruising as a family, Where people will sit on or just under the speed limit. Because we are all eyeballing eachothers cars for what they are, an loving every bit of it. There is no need to Accelerate from 90-130km/h constantly so everyone can hear your exhaust or see how your IRS squats.

This scene relies on being a family, An I hope to join the Melbourne family with my BMW soon enough

Cheers
              Mat

Comment

This kinda angers me.
                | 92 Corolla AE92 | HKS SMF, Testpipe, Hyperco/Tokico/GC | Houston, TX | 86Garage |

Comment

Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

well put ox.

even though i will still buy the magazine, as i enjoy the reading, even if i can do it online, and i find that it can be a bit of a learning source, and i can claim money back from the government for magazines.

i read about 3-5 different magazines atm.

guess we just gotta hold on tight and hope the next trend comes up asap.

Comment

The better question would be, what the fuck is a magazine?

-sent from my iPad

I keed!
                      | 92 Corolla AE92 | HKS SMF, Testpipe, Hyperco/Tokico/GC | Houston, TX | 86Garage |

Comment

lol. i still buy heaps of magazines - mostly uk magazines though

as im not the sorta person to read lots of stuff on the internet, i prefer to play video games when im on the net.

Comment

Originally posted by Lukey View Post
                          well put ox.

even though i will still buy the magazine, as i enjoy the reading, even if i can do it online, and i find that it can be a bit of a learning source, and i can claim money back from the government for magazines.

i read about 3-5 different magazines atm.

guess we just gotta hold on tight and hope the next trend comes up asap.
                          As a mate, I would insist that you dont give them the satisfaction of paying money for the magazine. I can see this being a key factor in the downfall of the scene.

Comment

As a mate, I would insist that you dont give them the satisfaction of paying money for the magazine. I can see this being a key factor in the downfall of the scene.
                            That's right! Steal the shit and hurt their bottom line!

Comment

lol righto.

ill just read it in the newsagents

Comment

Working...
                              X