Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M Roadster Wheels w/ Stretched Rubber for E36!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M Roadster Wheels w/ Stretched Rubber for E36!

Just got my first wheel back from the tire shop. I ended up going 215/40/R17 Nankangs for the 17x9 Rear Rims. And I will be going 205/40/R17 Nankangs on the front 17x7.5"s . Waiting on putting the Coilovers on my car now. As soon as those are all buttoned up I will throw the wheels on. BTW the car is a 94 E36 2 door Painted Montreal Blue. Can't wait to start rolling. Here are some pictures.

Test fit pictures?

Should look something like this.

Clean 'em up though! The backs specifically
    Originally posted by da3bous
    I want you to photoshop a giant penis down the side of my car

Comment

Yeah, except the guy with the touring was running some hefty spacers up front because without spacers those are gonna be really sunken in. I think he was running 30mm per side or something.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

Shit 30mm!!!!! I was thinking 20mm might have to be done but 30 would be alot. How does that effect all the other front suspension components? Wheels will be cleaned up before they are mounted. I had refinished the outside of that wheel. Leaned it up against my car walked away and saw it rolling down my parking lot of course landing on its face side scratching it...... FML Now I have to repaint that rim.

Comment

I LOVE that car, wow!!!!!!

really really nice setup, I never knew those wheels could look that good !!!

I might have to buy and e36 and steel my bro's stock wheels. But somehow I don't think he's rolling on a 40 series tire, unless theres a ton of strech, like a 205 on a 9 and a 195 on a 7.5 or whatever m coupe wheels are stock...

but I'm in love with that look
          iiililillillliliil
          bar|society

Comment

Solid set up. I was thinking about getting four rears (9") on all four corners for my car.

Comment

Originally posted by Zack01GC View Post
              Solid set up. I was thinking about getting four rears (9") on all four corners for my car.
              I like the way you think. Cause I was thinking that too.

Originally posted by da3bous
              I want you to photoshop a giant penis down the side of my car

Comment

I don't see that as a problem. I mean look at BF.c R and S section. All the cars there have the same wheels....

Comment

Originally posted by tivs31 View Post
                  I LOVE that car, wow!!!!!!

really really nice setup, I never knew those wheels could look that good !!!

But somehow I don't think he's rolling on a 40 series tire, unless theres a ton of strech, like a 205 on a 9 and a 195 on a 7.5 or whatever m coupe wheels are stock...
                  I just checked:

The Touring's setup:

Front:
                  7.5x17 ET41 +30mm spacers
                  205/40

Rear:
                  9x17 ET8
                  215/40

Rear fenders were pulled

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

Originally posted by bmwman528e View Post
                    Shit 30mm!!!!! I was thinking 20mm might have to be done but 30 would be alot. How does that effect all the other front suspension components? Wheels will be cleaned up before they are mounted. I had refinished the outside of that wheel. Leaned it up against my car walked away and saw it rolling down my parking lot of course landing on its face side scratching it...... FML Now I have to repaint that rim.
                    you'll be fine with 30mm. I used to run a 40mm adapter with no issues
                    Ben Purkiss Design
                    My Design Blog

Comment

lemme know how these tires ride/everything about them? ive been wanting to see these stretched: thanks

Comment

No problem I will post up as soon as there on the car...... Ive thought about doing the whole suspension wheels swap on my wifes 328ic. And take the 18" M5 replicas and put those on my 94 coupe.

Comment

in for finished product. i want to do this and use it as my winter set up.

13 5.BRO. 425whp/401wtq.

Comment

Working...
                          X