How to achive Bronze/Copper lips. Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to achive Bronze/Copper lips. Help

Ok so one of my friends is thinking about doing this, which I think is a sick idea and wish I thought about it first. But my question to you guys is what is the process on getting this look? Like this:

I was thinking that they just got the lips dipped in Bronze or Copper and call it a day. But then again I might be wrong.

So if any one has an idea on how to achive this look let me know thanks

Contact me if you are interested in DPE Wheels edafe@dpe-wheels.com

any shop that does chrome refinishing can plate them for you. One of the steps in a chrome finish is a copper bath.

Comment

Looks cool, but I bet it is very high maintenance.

Comment

So you would say this is copper platted and not Bronze platted..

I really like this look

Comment

Those wheels look like a candy/clear powdercoat on the lips.

If you were to bronze or copper coat the lips, you'd probably want to seal them or clear coat them right away since they will oxidize super fast.
          -Darrick

Frankenbike Build Thread
          Another Frankenbike Build

sigpic

Comment

I'm not sure if it's the same idea with wheels but I get stuff like that anodized for my bike.

Love the idea though.

www.cutandpace.com/

Comment

It also looks more anodized to me but I'm not familiar witht he prcess other than what a pain it can be to remove sometimes.

Comment

1. Those are not copper lips.

2. I believe it's a dark orange annodized lip, which is actually pretty easy to do, you just have to find a shop that has that color in thier inventory. http://www.chicagoanodizing.com/ for reference I think you can actually see the color.

In order to rock a copper lip you'd need to first have it completely polished, 2nd go to a chromer and get it dipped in copper (first stage of chroming) and then get it really brightly polished again, and then immediatley go get the lips either painted or powdered or annodized to hold the finish.

Copper is prone to oxidation which turns raw copper from it's orange color into the color of the statue of liberty....

T to be honest, that might look incredibley hot on your car btw, white with white center and oxidized copper lips
                iiililillillliliil
                bar|society

Comment

even with the black centers you have now, it might look incredible, just give a hint of a green accent
                  iiililillillliliil
                  bar|society

Comment

iiililillillliliil
                    bar|society

Comment

depending on the car, coffer would look cool once it turns green. Would look awesome on a rusty bmw or the like
                      Ben Purkiss Design
                      My Design Blog

Comment

mhmm def. is not copper, but +1 to the oxidized lips would look sweet
                        -Ian

Photography flickr Facebook

Comment

plating (not mine).

Comment

^^^ that looks sick, so is that copper plated? and was clear coated?

Comment

the was a build on the vortex for those futuras. they were on a b5 silver s4 in Jersey. off the top of my head, i think they were copper plated and then anodized clear. i will try to find the link
                              sigpic
                              1990 Nissan fairlady Z32 - long term build
                              1982 euro porsche 930 turbo

"A less- assuming enthusiast probably wouldnt even think that this Z ran because of how naked the engine compartment was. The motor looks as if it just floats there, with nothing else in sight." Super Street 9/2012

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=19185

Comment

Working...
                              X