Clean and classy BMW E28 on classic HRE 501

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clean and classy BMW E28 on classic HRE 501

Stanceworks featured this amazing BMW E28 by Jeremy Whittle. You might have missed the full feature. He found a set of old HRE 501 and had them fully restored to their original glory. The result is 17x10 configuration front and rear. Definitely can not argue with the beauty of these classic machines along side these classic HRE's.

Full feature: The One We Said Not To Forget | StanceWorks

BMW E28 HRE 501 by HRE Wheels, on Flickr

sigpic

HRE Performance Wheels. For those who don't compromise.

I don't believe he had them restored. I believe he restored them himself, fully by hand.

Comment

Originally posted by B Rod View Post
      I don't believe he had them restored. I believe he restored them himself, fully by hand.
      I remember reading this as well.
      [

Comment

Sweet, i love E28. Them so classy in relation to its age. 4 x 10 inch is sooo cool. Nice Ride.

Comment

Jeremy, or someone in the know, what are your specs of the front and rear wheels ?

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge View Post
            Jeremy, or someone in the know, what are your specs of the front and rear wheels ?
            17x10 et awesome
            Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

haha yeah it is the ET I want to know for my next E24, got 17x10/17x11s on the way and want to know how far I can push it.

Comment

They were refinished by hand by Jeremy. Awesome car, awesome wheels and awesome owner.
                cars and stuff

Comment

big difference in stating HE refinished them and HAD them refinished......
                  Originally posted by Kielan
                  I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

Delicious
                    3.8.W

Comment

A car like this has no business being on StanceWorks.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
                      www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
                      I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

Comment

Originally posted by B Rod View Post
                        I stand corrected, Jeremy obviously spent many hours on restoring the classic HRE's and his E28.

According to the Stanceworks article, they are square 17×10 ET37
                        sigpic

HRE Performance Wheels. For those who don't compromise.

Comment

Originally posted by Average_Jerk View Post
                          17x10 et awesome
                          Fucking truth.

Originally posted by skrapez View Post
                          They were refinished by hand by Jeremy. Awesome car, awesome wheels and awesome owner.
                          Exactly this.
                          Jerry <3
                          I dislike Byron.

Comment

Thanks for putting this up, and the kind words guys, it is appreciated!

Just a little confusion on the refinishing, no worries! I hand refinished them myself, no power tools or anything of the like, ended up taking around 60+ hours, but it was worth it. Gotta make do somehow on a limited budget, being a full time college student and still working full time as well The wheels themselves are ET 35, but I am running 36mm adapters, so the final offset is 17x10 ET -1 all around.

Jorge,

You can run a bit more aggressive on the e24 than an e28, so don't be afraid to go more aggressive than that, or you could get away with running less stretch. I do have quite a bit of inner clearance out back, but the front is credit card clearance to the strut.

Comment

The car is perfect. It looks nice, and has some power too.
                              Ninja Pic i took at QT.

Comment

Working...
                              X