This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bagging ur rides prices

iv been building custom cars and trucks for over 6 yrs now and with a little bit of common sense and common knowledge of a car air bag installs on cars are not that difficult and iv done them in as little as 12 hrs start to finish here is a price breakdown of the parts i use and the prices

1. struts "tien" depending on the model of car u own $ 1000-$2500
    2. bags "universal air suspension" bag over strut setup 4x$180 $ 720
    3. compressors "viair" 444 dual pack best bang for ur buck $ 320
    4. tank "ur choice" but please NO ALUMINUM TANKS $ 35-100
    5. valves "smc" 3/8" 8x$?? $ 225
    6. line "soft/hard" soft 100' $ 56
    hard 100' $ 200
    7. fittings "all metal" $ 100-200
    8. gauges "KP" two dual needles 2x$35 $ 70
    9. switches "ur choice" 8x$?? $ 80-200

just remember this is what anyone can get right off the internet but places are always running specials so u can always find better prices all over the place or even places like craigslist or ebay but just remember u get what u pay for

Seems reasonable. Why no 'aluminum' tanks? They're the only DOT approved tanks I've found to date.

Comment

Where are you located?
      http://www.facebook.com/morrismotorsusa

Comment

uhh....wut...

Comment

Asco valves > SMC, but in saying that, an Accuair VU4 is so much easier to install and wire up. Also, what do you mean about "All metal" fittings? Brass NPT fittings > *

Also, Alloy tanks? Nothing wrong with them at all...
          Originally posted by anth
          Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

Originally posted by Oxer View Post
            Asco valves > SMC, but in saying that, an Accuair VU4 is so much easier to install and wire up. Also, what do you mean about "All metal" fittings? Brass NPT fittings > *

Also, Alloy tanks? Nothing wrong with them at all...
            hes been doing it for 6 years. thats enough reason for me to believe anything this guys says
            Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Hahaha...

Comment

aluminum tanks burst at certain psi and only a few are tested every so often. "all metal fittings" push connect fittings not the half metal half plastic fittings. and true accuair is esiar as iv bagged 7 trucks using that but the price is also a huge factor. and also id rather us gc 250 valves but smc are cheaper. and iv worked at the two biggest shops in texas for both lifting and lowering cars/trucks and also built a couple cover and feature trucks so i kinda know what im doing lol

Comment

Originally posted by Sutton View Post
                  Where are you located?
                  alvin tx right outta houston

Comment

Originally posted by federal20 View Post
                    aluminum tanks burst at certain psi and only a few are tested every so often. "all metal fittings" push connect fittings not the half metal half plastic fittings. and true accuair is esiar as iv bagged 7 trucks using that but the price is also a huge factor. and also id rather us gc 250 valves but smc are cheaper. and iv worked at the two biggest shops in texas for both lifting and lowering cars/trucks and also built a couple cover and feature trucks so i kinda know what im doing lol
                    Thats funny, In an automotive/car application the most you would use is 200psi, the tanks are tested at 4 times that rating.

As for the fittings, instead of metal, you should tell people "Brass", as brass dot fittings are the best option.

GC valves are common for failure, as are smc. Asco valves are the same price, simple to clean and rebuild, and much more reliable, but by the time you buy all the brass to connect them, it works out to be very similar in price as an accuair VU4. + you dont have to muck around with wiring.

Then again, you have built a couple of cover and feature trucks, so Daves comment still stands.

Comment

this is what was in my head when i read Oxers posts.

Comment

Manual management 600$
                        Front struts 600-700$
                        Rear struts 600$
                        Miscellaneous 200$

Done son.
                        I dislike Byron.

Comment

Originally posted by got splits? View Post
                          Manual management 600$
                          you can go cheaper than this... i have seen paddle valves for as little as 15 bucks a piece, you can get a 5 gallon tank for 80 bucks and a viair 400c is like 200 bucks. say add another 150 for some dot line, gauges, a few fittings and a relay and you're good to go way under 600

Comment

Originally posted by martinm13 View Post
                            you can go cheaper than this... i have seen paddle valves for as little as 15 bucks a piece, you can get a 5 gallon tank for 80 bucks and a viair 400c is like 200 bucks. say add another 150 for some dot line, gauges, a few fittings and a relay and you're good to go way under 600
                            I mean it's pretty much close, when you add up those costs plus the cost of gauges and shipping for each part. It's the same in the end, might be 20-30$ cheaper lol
                            I dislike Byron.

Comment

Originally posted by trism View Post
                              this is what was in my head when i read Oxers posts.

100% serious except last line.

Comment

Working...
                              X