want to bag an 83 civic wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• want to bag an 83 civic wagon

I'm new to bags. Trying to figure out what I need to set my brand new (to me) 83 civic on air.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

solid rear axle
    springs in the front

I took it to performance options in oakland on a lead from fatlace.
    They quoted me "probably about 4 grand" talking about running a 3-link in the rear

I guess because of the holidays their suspension guy wasn't there so I couldn't get anything definate.
    No idea what bags pumps tank management etc 4k gets.

I've always been pretty d.i.y. and I've been considering pieceing a setup together but don't want to get the wrong shit. Also if a 3 or 4 link is necessary I don't have the skills or facility to fabricate something like that.

There's alot of information in searching but none of it overly specific to this application. I'm really looking for an air vet to be like look noob this is how its done.

My budget is this

Which I can sell flat-out or part-out if necessary

Thanks in advance for any insight

Thought these terrible photoshop pictures might help.

Any ideas? Feel free to chime in.

Comment

Specifically im looking for how to mount the bags/what bags to use. The rest of the setup is fairly self-explanitory.

Comment

oh wow it has leafs in the rear. do it like a truck. mono leaf with bags. 2 link and a panhard bar bag over axle or behind axle or on the 2 link cantilever. and the front will have to be strut bags or air cans or something. not much after market for an old ride like that.

my friend had a truck he did monoleaf and air shocks with valves. may work for you.
        '89 civic hatch 15x8 sportmaxx 501 +15 offset stolen and recovered without my wheels SOLD
        '93 civic sedan tbd
        '92 civic sedan cheviot reverse mesh

Comment

Working...
        X