This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manual Paddle valves

So I have been doing a lot of searching an am coming up with no good answer to my question. I want to use manual paddle valves for an air-ride system. My question is every setup uses 4. Can you use just 2 valves? One for front and one for back?

thanks,

-Aron
    "Living life a quarter turn at a time"

You can, but for something this simple, i would still recommend independent corners so there isn't air transfer between the bags when cornering and so that you can adjust the corner for load.
    Originally posted by Kielan
    I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeCamber View Post
      You can, but for something this simple, i would still recommend independent corners so there isn't air transfer between the bags when cornering and so that you can adjust the corner for load.
      Oh good point I forgot about that!

Thanks for clearing it up.

-Aron
      "Living life a quarter turn at a time"

Comment

paddle valves should only be used in air assist applications imo. If the airbag is the sole form of suspension, for some reason I just cant trust a $50 plastic valve.

Also, all corners should have one valve each, for the exact reasons above. If you go around a corner the air empties out of the bags under load and transfers it into the oppisite bag.
        Last edited by Oxer; 02-19-2012, 08:00 PM.
        Originally posted by anth
        Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

Originally posted by Oxer View Post
          paddle valves should only be used in air assist applications imo. If the airbag is the sole form of suspension, for some reason I just cant trust a $50 plastic valve.

Also, all corners should have one valve each, for the exact reasons above. If you go around a corner the air empties out of the bags under load and transfers it into the oppisite bag.
          We've been dailying our shop van for over a year now with 4 paddle valves and a 175psi tank cutoff without any problems or leaks whatsoever.

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

I've got 4 paddles, love them.
            We Fuck Shit Up

Shit box Sketch10 burnout truck.

Comment

Also if one bag were to leak/break... this would mean both would leak. Unless if they each had seperated lines
              '79 - BMW 320i (e21)

The BAGGED e21 Build Thread! -
              http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=25005

Comment

Originally posted by SOURCEB5 View Post
                Also if one bag were to leak/break... this would mean both would leak. Unless if they each had seperated lines
                This is only true if you're using 2 paddle valves, which is a 4 valve system. The fronts will be shared and the rears will be shared. If you have a bag rupture with this setup, the other side will air out as well.

On the other hand, if you have 4 paddle valves, you have an 8 valve system which means that each bag has a fill and dump of it's own. If you blow a bag, only that corner will be effected.

Comment

Definitely go 4. As much as I **** my paddle valves, as well as how much of a pain the install was (since you have to run a good bit of air line through the car) I still kind of love em. They arent fast, but they arent horribly slow by any means. They are also extremely reliable. I havent had any problems with my valves so far (it will be a year come late july). I do want to upgrade to a real setup at some point though.

They are great for a first system though; wont break the bank and its a good way to learn.

Comment

So happy i found this thread, was asking the same questions.

Might be off topic but what about water traps for manual paddle valves ? What's the best way to set them up

Comment

You can use 2 valves if you REALLY wanted to.
                      Just use beefy ass sway bars to eliminate most of the roll.

You'll still have a lot of roll though.

imo, you should run elec. valves. unless you really like the sound of air pissing into your car.

Comment

Originally posted by MrGL2 View Post
                        So happy i found this thread, was asking the same questions.

Might be off topic but what about water traps for manual paddle valves ? What's the best way to set them up
                        Mounting water traps for a manual setup will be the same as any other management. Check out this thread for some more info on water placement!

Comment

Originally posted by Oxer View Post

Can you trust a 35 dollar brass valve?

Every mini truck on the scene 15 years ago ran home depot style brass manual valves, and everyone now runs brass electric valves like parkers and ascos. What is there not to trust about a more expensive, probably used for industrial reasons somewhere, valve made of plastic?

Comment

How about a $49 dollar Nickel Plated one?

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DLOE65 View Post
                              How about a $49 dollar Nickel Plated one?

http://dloesvalves.WebStarts.com/ind...20130106230440
                              Hmm, those are pretty neat

Comment

Working...
                              X