What kind of Air for E39

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of Air for E39

I have look for air struts for e39 bmw all i find is everything else from 3 to 7 series and e60. i found k-sport to have a kit but i want to make my own just wat to know if anyone has link for bmw 5 series e39 i saw masion-tech sells air struts by them self for VW so maybe there can be somthing for a e39
    -THANKS bigm707....

somthing like this but for bimmers....http://mason-tech.com/airrideCW1.asp

ive never seen an e39 on air, fwiw. i would contact a vendor to whip up something custom.
    my name is andy.

Comment

if you want something that's straight bolt in you probably have to go with one of the big european companies (HPS, BSS or G.A.S.) since there isn't much demand for those cars in the US.

if you want to fabricate something, and probably save some money, talk to the guys at Universal Air Suspension. they have an Aerosport bag that is made to fit over any strut that is 2.5" diameter or smaller, a lot of the vip cars are running them over coilovers with no issues.

Comment

Originally posted by madface View Post
        if you want something that's straight bolt in you probably have to go with one of the big european companies (hps, bss or g.a.s.) since there isn't much demand for those cars in the us.

If you want to fabricate something, and probably save some money, talk to the guys at universal air suspension. They have an aerosport bag that is made to fit over any strut that is 2.5" diameter or smaller, a lot of the vip cars are running them over coilovers with no issues.
        thanks man.......

Comment

Originally posted by Madface View Post
          if you want something that's straight bolt in you probably have to go with one of the big european companies (HPS, BSS or G.A.S.) since there isn't much demand for those cars in the US.

if you want to fabricate something, and probably save some money, talk to the guys at Universal Air Suspension. they have an Aerosport bag that is made to fit over any strut that is 2.5" diameter or smaller, a lot of the vip cars are running them over coilovers with no issues.
          Can they be used over coilovers; do you throw away the springs or do they go over? I want moAr info; I might be interested in putting my e36 on air.

Sorry for the 'jack.

Comment

Originally posted by slocar View Post
            Can they be used over coilovers; do you throw away the springs or do they go over? I want moAr info; I might be interested in putting my e36 on air.

Sorry for the 'jack.
            yea its koo.....i want to know how it all works for cars too.....i know a lot about truck air suspension but not that much about cars....in truck i seen that you mostly chop it up to bag it and lay frame on car i want low, nicly bag but still look like stock suspension.....

Comment

Sorry for the 'jack.
              They replace the spring all together. They generally require a little custom fab to make the perches work and get low. The strut diameter only has to be larger than 2.14" actually as there is a sleeve inside the bag. There is no need to seal the bag to the perches due to this sleeve which allows you to just plop the bag right over the coilover.

Comment

You have me all excited now.

Comment

Ok I got one more question.

On cars where the rear spring is separate from the shock as on the e36, how does it work; how do you mount the bag?

Comment

Ok I got one more question.

On cars where the rear spring is separate from the shock as on the e36, how does it work; how do you mount the bag?
                    +1 yea.... any pics

Comment

in the rear you wouldn't use the aerosport bag, it would be a wast eof money and it probably wouldn't get you low enough. the aeropsort only collapses to 4", but if you use an airhouse or slam specialties bag they collapse to 2".

what rally posted is correct, the aerosport is more like a doughnut. it's sealed in itself rather than being sealed to the strut.

Comment

So in the rear, on a e36, I'd have to keep springs? That's not really very cool if you have bags and still can't set the car down onto the ground except in the front.

Comment

So in the rear, on a e36, I'd have to keep springs? That's not really very cool if you have bags and still can't set the car down onto the ground except in the front.
                          Huh? You replace the rear springs with bags too. The mounting depends on the car suspension. People generally have to have custom mounts welded unles a company sells a kit for your car. Since they don't have to slip over the strut, you don't use an "aerosport" bag....you'd use something like the Air Houses that they sell.

Example of mounts on the right in this pic. Obviously the design is gonna be different for different models of cars:

Comment

Originally posted by Rally View Post
                            Huh? You replace the rear springs with bags too. The mounting depends on the car suspension. People generally have to have custom mounts welded unles a company sells a kit for your car. Since they don't have to slip over the strut, you don't use an "aerosport" bag....you'd use something like the Air Houses that they sell.

Example of mounts on the right in this pic. Obviously the design is gonna be different for different models of cars:

Hey thanks this helps man....

Comment

you replace the spring with a bag, just not the aerosport bag. they're like $100 more per bag than an airhouse bag that doesn't have the hole through it for the shock.

Comment

Working...
                              X