Clicking an img opens new window - donotwant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clicking an img opens new window - donotwant

My only complaint... Literally the ONLY thing I can **** about S|W is the fact that clicking ANY image opens that image in a new window. Sig pics? New window. Links? New window. Quote buttons? New window.

It makes me irate when it happens, and I end up punching kittens until someone gets out the tranq gun.

I can probably help solve the problem if you guys need some help. It's gotta be a simple template issue or a parameter set within vBulletin. I'd image that hunting down any code that looks like:

Code:
    target="_blank"
    would help.
    StatusRacing.com
    Configure YOUR Seat Here
    Tel: 1.480.265.8600
    Email: sales@statusracing.com
    Fan us on Facebook

I like that it opens in a new window.

Originally posted by Longboarding_G
    you sir, win this battle.
    “Producing something of quality is obsessing over details nobody sees.”

Comment

Mine opens a new tab...depends on your browser AFAIK
      /O O==[][]==O O\
      --------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by TheRev View Post
        Mine opens a new tab...depends on your browser AFAIK
        Fact.

Comment

Fact
          Originally posted by anth
          Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

New tab/new window... Same thing. Both are caused by target="_blank".

For some things it makes sense, but to have a global default setting that causes EVERY image to do it is silly. If I click the button next to a quote to go view that post in its original natural habitat, that opens 2 new tabs. One for the image ( http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/im...s/viewpost.gif ) and one for the post. If I click a link from someones signature, it opens 2 new tabs. One for the image and one for the target of the link. Click Oxers sig for an example. btw- fix y0 linkz, oxer.

I was tempted to check out MKFourum.com, clicked the link, got 2 tabs and got irritated so I closed them both. True story.
            StatusRacing.com
            Configure YOUR Seat Here
            Fan us on Facebook

Comment

Right click - open in a new tab.

You're only limited by your laziness.

Comment

Originally posted by Oxer View Post
                Right click - open in a new tab.

You're only limited by your laziness.
                agree.

is right click so much more difficult than left click? work smarter, not harder
                Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

I know the difference between left and right click, and I use them accordingly. And you're correct; right clicking does open a new tab. However, this is not NORMAL behavior. This is a flaw in the coding. There are times when I don't want to view the link in a new tab. In that case, I now have to find the original tab, open it, and then close it. I frequently have 5+ tabs open; occasionally I have 15+ tabs open. Why should I be wasting my time hunting through my tabs to close the one I didn't even want opened in the 1st place?

Also, when I click a quote to see it in it's original habitat, I shouldn't end up with a new tab OR a new window just for the image. I should have a new tab/window for the link to the quote... And that's it. To clarify, here's the image in question:

Why does that image need to be in it's own new tab?

It's not a matter of me not knowing how to use the internets, or me being lazy. It's a flaw with this forum. If nobody wants to fix it, that's fine. I can deal... But telling me that I'm doing something wrong or that I'm lazy? srsly?
                  Last edited by StatusRacing; 02-06-2012, 07:29 PM.
                  StatusRacing.com
                  Configure YOUR Seat Here
                  Fan us on Facebook

Comment

I suggest a cup of cement.

We're just here for the gang bang.

Comment

Working...
                    X