BBS RS 005/6 onto an E30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBS RS 005/6 onto an E30

I got pretty excited today when I found a set of these for a good price, but some searching tonight has led me to believe that I won't be able to fill and drill these because the center bore is so much bigger. E30 is 57.1mm and these are 72.5. Is there even enough meat there to allow the redrill? I know I would have to run some massive hubcentric rings. Pretty disappointed now...
    Wut?

Well after more research it looks like these won't work on my car. To bad, I found a killer deal on them...
    Wut?

Comment

Pass on the deal, maybe somebody else on here can put them to good use!

Comment

any idea on what wheels they are? i need (1) RS211 16x8 et11 to finish off my most recent set. trying to find one but will buy the whole set if the price is right
        sigpic
        1990 Nissan fairlady Z32 - long term build
        1982 euro porsche 930 turbo

"A less- assuming enthusiast probably wouldnt even think that this Z ran because of how naked the engine compartment was. The motor looks as if it just floats there, with nothing else in sight." Super Street 9/2012

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=19185

Comment

Pretty damn good deal I thought, 5 wheels, 6 centercaps.
          Wut?

Comment

Those are cute.

Comment

Are you positive? Where did you hear 72.5 wont work? As i recall, its the 74mm that wont work

Flickr

Comment

What are you trying to re-drill to? 4x100?

I had mine redrilled to 4x100 and I'm pretty sure the bore was around 72 or something. I don't remember exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by Rally View Post
                  What are you trying to re-drill to? 4x100?

I had mine redrilled to 4x100 and I'm pretty sure the bore was around 72 or something. I don't remember exactly.
                  Id assume 4x100. And yours were probably 72.6, im pretty sure its the e39 ( like style 5s) that are ~74mm and cant be redrilled

Flickr

Comment

That is a decent price, but those wouldn't be very good for an aggressive stance. They really aren't wide enough.

Comment

why not 5 lug swap the e30? 318ti rear and e30 m3 front struts. Or if you want to be cheap and half ass, e36 m3 control arms, and e36 struts/spindles with some offset bushings.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                        Id assume 4x100. And yours were probably 72.6, im pretty sure its the e39 ( like style 5s) that are ~74mm and cant be redrilled
                        Yeah I am trying to go to 4x100. So you are saying that there would be enough metal there for a safe redrill to 4x100?
                        Wut?

Comment

Unless you are planning on wider lips or barrels, I still don't really see the point. Or if you aren't planning on tire stretch.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchy View Post
                            why not 5 lug swap the e30? 318ti rear and e30 m3 front struts. Or if you want to be cheap and half ass, e36 m3 control arms, and e36 struts/spindles with some offset bushings.
                            I looked at it, but i like me some low offset

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
                            Yeah I am trying to go to 4x100. So you are saying that there would be enough metal there for a safe redrill to 4x100?
                            You should double check with the shop or whoever, but i believe so. People redrill style 5s commonly, which as i recall are the 72.6mm hub bore

Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
                              Like Stephen said, check with the shop....they should be able to figure it out for you. I know with my redrill it just required the use of tuner lugs to fit within the wall around the center bore.

Comment

Working...
                              X