airbag suspension ion the UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• airbag suspension ion the UK

Anyone know where to get some for my E46 ? pref UK but if need be i can import them.

i just cant seem to get low enough on mine for it not to scrape, and tbh its a pain in the ass cus i have to tackle speed humps on my way to work now...

so airbag seems an ideal solution to lows and highs when needed.

Flickr

Just do universal sleeves up front and Slam Specialties in the rear, you'll have to get someone to fab a mount for the rear bags, but other than it will work perfectly. This would be effectively a bag over setup.
    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

josh's was running a custom kit from havair that sat and drove low.

Comment

luckyboy239r8522 or whatever his sn is, runs aerosports over coils in the front. just do that, then run re-5 or se-5 in the rear.

or get a set of airlift universal struts in the front. which i would do unless you can find a set of used aerosports for cheap. new they are 180ish + shipping each, so it would be worth it to spend a couple bucks more on airlift struts and just sell your coils.

Comment

not to sound all n00bish or anything but when it comes to suspension i have no clue.

whats different between full bag setup and bag over?

i assume bag over just means bags replace the springs?

i just got quoted £2300 for a full setup from a UK company and thats just supplied.. ouch..

i need to keep a relitively low setup cost here. getting things fabricated wont be too difficult as there is an engineering company that do custom fabrication next door to my office.

Flickr

Comment

There are loads of threads on the UK suppliers that I've answered, speak to Havair, Plush, Rayvern just to name a couple.

What price were you thinking? Basic setup for the E24 I'm budgeting around £1500-2000.

Comment

tbh my budget isnt set yet but it seems i have to look in the same area of £1500 - 2K mark.

im looking to get it sorted and complete before the show season starts again.

Flickr

Comment

I don't see the point too much on E46s though, they are a very easy car to get low and still keep it driveable.

Comment

getting low is not an issue, getting low and able to drive onto my driveway and speed humps is...

Flickr

Comment

If its just speed bumps you want to get over and driveways then id only fit bag-over-coils up front and leave the rear static. The backs are easy to get low and stay driveable, just raise the front when you need it!
                    -SW|UK-
                    Education - Knowledge - Power
                    insta: @stinkinrich

Comment

Originally posted by stinkinrich View Post
                      If its just speed bumps you want to get over and driveways then id only fit bag-over-coils up front and leave the rear static. The backs are easy to get low and stay driveable, just raise the front when you need it!

a friend said exactly the same but if i have the system in place to raise and lower the front surely it makes sense to do the same on the rear for not much extra £££ ?

and if i was to ddo bag over coils what bags would i need? and are all coilover struts the same sizes?

Flickr

Comment

My e46 had a full set-up from Havair down in hastings, that came to 2600 fitted but that was with custom top mounts, 2 x Viair compressors, 5 gal tank etc etc. It could be a lot cheaper if you just get a very basic 2 way analogue kit.
                        But yeah it used to layout real easy and i could drive it mils from layin with no issues.
                        search for Havair and give them a call, they can give you all the info on kits, prices and so on.
                        L I K E H E L L D E S I G N

Comment

type in PLUSH AUTOMOTIVE on google that guy can do it all, and his work is worth its weight in gold.

Comment

Originally posted by jfatboy View Post
                            type in PLUSH AUTOMOTIVE on google that guy can do it all, and his work is worth its weight in gold.
                            cheers,

will make contact with them after new year.

Flickr

Comment

try geoff at havair, top bloke

Comment

Working...
                              X