Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Securing the rear bags

hey all, trying to get some info...

this is the rear spring perches for an 06+ civic... with the rubber isolators removed of course...

how would someone go about securing the rear air bag? would the bag just sitting there kinda "wedged" in between the perches be ok? ( just like a spring would be... its just wedged in there not secured by any bolts or anything...

thanks for the info!

it should be noted too that the opening is alot larger than normal, because the shock is removed as well the upper control arm is disconnected on the right side.
    Last edited by honhon; 11-24-2011, 04:37 PM.

The typical method would be a nucert for the top and a bolt and 'washer' (not really a washer but more of a small circular billet plate) for the bottom.

Bolt-on bags would look somewhat like this:

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

awesome and cool. you have no idea how much that little bit of info has helped me with researching and understanding the rear cup brackets more also...

but i like those springs better than the Cup install for the simple fact that the air fitting is on the side of the bag rather than on the end which should help in a lower ground clearance...

Comment

and my next move would be to measure the diameters, inside and outside of those mounts so i can figure out which rear bags i can use, and hope to find sources of specs on the bags...

Comment

another way is buying some used suspension pieces (so you don't have to cut your good stuff if you wanna go back to springs) and plating the lower one, drill a couple holes, chuck some bolts through into the bag.

Using a plate like this:

Lolvo build thread.

Comment

thats certaintly an interesting idea... ill have to check into that...

Comment

Working...
            X