Plastic in fenders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plastic in fenders?

About a month ago i lowered my e36. While adjusting the height on my coilovers i drove it to test the clearance of the fender and tire and dented the fender while going up a curb. Fixed that but the plastic in the fender started hanging down. It hasn't been a problem until yesterday. Its now constantly flapping and hitting the fender and tire when i drive. I havent rolled the fenders yet either. Is there a way i can take the plastic out or put it back up in the fender again? Im pretty scared to drive it..

Thanks

Aspen
    Last edited by bmwbabe; 11-17-2011, 09:42 AM.

My fender liners gave me a lot of problems when I first lowered my e36. Removing them only took a few minutes and got rid of all the rubbing.
    025garage

Comment

Will rocks and such do damage on the inside with out it though? That's my only concern..

Comment

Originally posted by bmwbabe View Post
        Will rocks and such do damage on the inside with out it though? That's my only concern..
        Not damage, but you will get some rocks/dirt/debris in some of the crevaces. You can always reinstall the liners if the dirt bothers you more than the rubbing on the fender liners. You could also trim the liners, so that they don't rub and still keep crap out of the door jam area.
        025garage

Comment

Oh okay. It's really bad, I am scared it will fly off when I am on the highway so I didn't drive it today. Apparently there is two tabs missing on it. I guess I will just take them off. Thanks! Do they come off real easy?

Comment

jus cut a piece to cover the rocker panel and the front bumper, the strut doesn't need to be covered.

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Oh so I should just cut it instead of taking the whole thing out? What do I use to cut it lol

Comment

nonono there are screws/ or plastic nuts that hold on the fender liners. 5 mins to take off. no need to cut.

unless you wanna make custom liners that only protect the backside of the wheels wells/ door jam- while leaving the top of the liners cut out so that there is no rubbing issues. its like having half of the liner there
                -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
                -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
                MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
                Got Drop??

Comment

Originally posted by CHIF8008 View Post
                  nonono there are screws/ or plastic nuts that hold on the fender liners. 5 mins to take off. no need to cut.

unless you wanna make custom liners that only protect the backside of the wheels wells/ door jam- while leaving the top of the liners cut out so that there is no rubbing issues. its like having half of the liner there
                  What? You had it right in the latter part of the post.

Just cut the top out and put a piece by the door jam and a piece by the bumper, boom no more rubbing and no rocks in your rocker panel.

I'd use a sawzall cause that's what I use when it's hack up time

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

I just took mine out? Have had zero problems since

Comment

take them shits out,
                      BUSTER!
                      Low Standards
                      Seffer on the Stanceworks
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X