DeutschMarques!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeutschMarques!

So what's DeutschMarques about? - Bringing like-minded individuals together regardless of brand.

There are plenty of VW clubs/groups available to join in the UK due to the huge amount of love for the dub-life. The same goes for the BMW, Mercedes and Porsche scenes (although not quite to the same extent). But there's one thing that separates these groups of individuals - the Brand. This was the initial idea behind DM. Over the years people either stay die-hard one-brand fans, or change their affiliations to try something new. For those people who have had the chance to change their cars, it gives the great option of finding what's right for you. Thing is, it doesn't mean you can't appreciate any of the other brands.

Car tastes change, but friends stay the same and needless to say, most of the people I know and spend time with are from the VW scene. The only place I can speak to them online and catch-up is on the VW forums, where it feels pointless to write about any of the changes or progress I've been making on my BMW. And in turn when writing on the BMW forums, I know that none of my friends will be reading it as they all own VW's. Needless to say, the German scene has had a big influence on us.

There are people who move from one German scene to another and in turn change forums to coincide with their cars, often losing contact with the people they spent most of their time with at shows and meets. DeutschMarques is for you, by people like you. Bringing those people together who want to associate with each other, with no brands holding them back. Don't get me wrong, there are others who have done this before (Max Power and Fast Car) but unfortunately the same old image sticks whenever you mention those names. Our aim is to bring forward the enthusiast scene to a wider audience, not just the media-happy show-car mentality. Hell, we even have a section for those who still refuse to drive something Deutsch! Talk about catering for everyone!

We're not trying to copy StanceWorks or any other forum as we won't be focussing on one scene indefinitely. We respect StanceWorks and everything they convey and there's no way another group could come close to them in what they've achieved. They have inspired us to do this and bring different marques together for the love of the cars, not for the elite-ism. We've been to and enjoyed the SW:UK meets and it's something we'll continue to do in the new year.

So please, just take 5 minutes and have a look.
    It's only just kicked off, so bear with us whilst we get to grips with things.
    Thanks for reading!

LINKS
    The DeutschMarques website: http://www.deutschmarques.co.uk
    The DeutschMarques forum: http://deutschmarques.forumotion.co.uk
    DM Forum flyer (if you'd like to help spread the word!): http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17...mSplatter2.png

http://www.deutschconnection.com/forum/ ?

Comment

lol beat me to it.
      -SW|UK-
      Education - Knowledge - Power
      insta: @stinkinrich

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge View Post
        I understand these guys cover the German scene, but the only problem is they have their monthly meet in Scotland. There are a lot of people who won't be able to get to it or don't want to travel that distance for a monthly meet. othet than that, the only time to be able to meet the guys in person would be at the DC shows/other events that they attend as a whole.

We've also been to the DC shows since they started them up and have to say that the guys do a great job. I haven't a bad word to say about them, but there's no harm in having another group/forum focussing on the German scene.

It's always good to have a nice broad aspect to the current UK/Deutsch scene.

Comment

Sorry, but I don't get the whole band wagon of blogs/forums/sites going over the last year or so, which is the reason why I devoted my time to helping a currently active website - StanceWorks.

Comment

As Jorge said, the amount of blogs and generic car clubs/meets that have cropped up in the past 18 months is unreal, I cant keep track on whats going on where and when. Plus with the current climate, I cant afford to go to a meet every week and If I did, I would only see the same cars anyway.

If i signed onto this club that youve created, I bet 80% of the members I'll already recognise from other clubs I know of.

SW seasonal meets > every week macdonald carpark meets.
            -SW|UK-

Comment

We're primarily based in East Anglia and if you live out in this part of the country then you'll know that there Isn't a lot of choice when it comes to car-clubs.

There are a handful of VW clubs and no Mercedes or BMW orientated clubs whatsoever in East Anglia. This means that anyone with a remote interest in their car is either subjected to the "cruising" scene or would need to join the Official UK groups of their brand, which usually ask for a yearly/monthly membership fee. And we don't plan on having regular weekly meets at a McDonalds car-park, far from it really.

I understand that both of you guys have already made your decision not to join up and that's fine. It's your choice. But please don't assume that it won't become active/will only contain members from other forums/will be based in a McDonalds car-park. At the end of the day, you're both entitled to your own opinions but everything has to start somewhere, much like SW did.

Comment

Why not just organise a local meet through S|W? There's more different types of cars here than any other forum. Seems like a lot of effort for something that's already covered...

Good luck either way

Ps Just looked at the site and one thing I like in a forum is not having to log on to browse, I think it also encourages more people to join if they can see what they're signing up for first

Comment

^^ Single most annoying thing about E38 is that.

Comment

Im all for communities being created for certain marques whether its clubs, forums, blogs or just meets now and again. I personally think there is enough out there to fullfill my car needs. All the best though with the club mate, I hope its a success
                    -SW|UK-

Comment

Theres more to the world than stanceworks you know

Comment

Working...
                      X