official Stanceworks RC drift thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• official Stanceworks RC drift thread

I know most people envolved with modding cars have at one point or another had a RC car they messed around with. I wanted to start a thread dedicated to RC cars and specifically RC drift.

If you have any questions feel free to post... or post up your personal ride or info you found.

some RC drift forums:
    www.groovydrift.com

www.driftercentral.com

popular RC drift car kits:
    Tamiya TT 01
    Tamiya TB 03/02 d
    Yokomo D1
    HPI Sprint 2

a good site for RC drift mods - http://genkidoridori.com/

You can make just about any 1:10 4wd touring style on-road car into a drift car. They make all types of Drift specific tires these days that can get you sliding sideways. The have a scale body of just about any real car you can think of. You can get a kit that will get you started good for around $200 that is ready to run. I started out with a $90 Tamiya TT-01 chassis and put my own electrics and goodies into it.

HPI's professional drift chassis

detailed RC drifter

I've wanted to get one for a while now. I think I'm convinced I need one now.

Comment

Once I round up some money I will be purchasing the RTR RS4, just for one. I doubt I will take it all that seriously

Comment

whats rc drift? LOL j/k

Comment

I have a tt-01 I used to drift once in a while. Got an adjustable A-arms kit for it and adjustable tie-rods. Also has metal bearings and a alloy prop shaft. Faster motor and an esc to go with.

I mostly enjoyed cambering in the wheels as much as possible to slam a body on really wide wheels

Comment

SO much ridiculousness. I'd love to get in to it. No monies though.

Comment

Hellaflush RC

I'm really wanting an E30 M3 body.

Last edited by grippymonkey; 06-15-2009, 11:05 PM.

Comment

So gangster!

Comment

I used to be into it, but kinda lost interest. Still have all my cars though. I've been doing the whole R/C thing since '93. Used to be big into off-road nitro racing at the local r/c track here in San Diego during my younger years.

Comment

I did drifting for a while with a TA TC4 and a Tamiya TA04S, but I sold both when I got heavy into 1/10th touring racing. I run a Serpent S400 now.

The TA04S drifting Vette:

The TC4 with an Odyssey body, and chrome deep dish Work Meisters:

Comment

I saw the odyssey body and 'd at the gangsterness.

Comment

so rad, might have to break out my m3 csl for this isht

Comment

Originally posted by GiRARDsays View Post
                          I used to be into it, but kinda lost interest. Still have all my cars though. I've been doing the whole R/C thing since '93. Used to be big into off-road nitro racing at the local r/c track here in San Diego during my younger years.

The only time I lost interest was when I didn't have anyone to play with. It is always better when a buddy or two has RC cars also. My first RC was a RC10t so that gives you an idea of how long I've been doing it. The socal drift scene or RC scene in general is pretty big. I have a friend of mine that I sold my last car to that is down to drift anytime... so that's a good thing.

Comment

Anyone feel like selling one to me?
                            Originally posted by da3bous
                            I want you to photoshop a giant penis down the side of my car

Comment

Your local hobby shop would love to

Comment

Working...
                              X