Rear Subframe destroyed by my ride height!!!! e30 content.fml

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Subframe destroyed by my ride height!!!! e30 content.fml

Driving home, heard a * POP* , pulll over nothing visually wrong, roll out, *CRUNCH * look under and this...........
    I think its my 'subframe?!?!
    Yes the Sportmax wheel and old ass suspension outlast my cars frame, shit just cracked in half and fell down. I know its the shitty L.A. Streets/potholes/horrible pave jobs, plus my static stiff ass setup (no travel)+ old frame .
    I left it in a neighborhood for now.
    So how the frick do I fix this?!
    Weld job/patch job?!?!?!
    Please input, as I am freaking out.
    Passenger rear, right in front of wheel, underside.

(upside down, yes thats the fucking street its on!)
    Last edited by worangejuice; 11-02-2011, 06:24 PM.

i dont really know what youre trying to show us, youre gonna have to be more descriptive. it looks like you broke a bolt but i need better pics

im 100% positive it had nothing to do with your ride height though.
    Last edited by Jesus Christ; 11-02-2011, 06:34 PM.

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

the part where the rear subframe bushing mounts to the sframe. The mounting point broke!!!

Comment

It tore the mount out of the body.

That's not due to your suspension stiffness, it was a freak occasion that hasn't happened to anyone else before that I've seen in my 6 years of e30 ownership. Maybe your car had been repaired there before, maybe it was a flaw in the metal that lowering your car just made break faster, etc. It does suck though.

Comment

Originally posted by Byron View Post
          It tore the mount out of the body.

That's not due to your suspension stiffness, it was a freak occasion that hasn't happened to anyone else before that I've seen in my 6 years of e30 ownership. Maybe your car had been repaired there before, maybe it was a flaw in the metal that lowering your car just made break faster, etc. It does suck though.
          yeah man, r3v dudes, were saying it was old bushings, stiff suspension, old frame.
          I think it can be patched but depends on the welder skillz

Comment

Better pics, towed home. Prob take it to castro's well send 'em some pics and see whats possible. Gotta inspect rest of frame though.

Comment

sucks too say man but shit like that its time too just get a different shell for sure

Comment

Never seen that before either.

I like em dropped.

Comment

wow, that sucks man. I wouldn't want to drive the car after something like that no matter what

Comment

Damn! this could be down to a number of things like old age fittings,rust build or even a shunt sometime in the cars life? it can be fixed but a metal fabricator wont be cheap to find not unless you got a m8 in the game? you just might be better off getting another shell ive only ever seen this once before and that was in the rear when the strut went through the trunk due to rust!
                    Live,Breathe,Build,Believe,BMW!

Comment

Working...
                    X